Question about Microsoft Windows XP Professional With Servise Pack 2 (e8503040) for PC
Hi I want to know my computers password, I don't want to change it but I want to know what is my administrator password.
My Operating System is XP.
Place your Windows XP CD in your cd-rom and start your computer (it’s assumed here that your XP CD is bootable – as it should be - and that you have your bios set to boot from CD)
2. Keep your eye on the screen messages for booting to your cd Typically, it will be “Press any key to boot from cd”
3. Once you get in, the first screen will indicate that Setup is inspecting your system and loading files.
4. When you get to the Welcome to Setup screen, press ENTER to Setup Windows now
5. The Licensing Agreement comes next - Press F8 to accept it.
6. The next screen is the Setup screen which gives you the option to do a Repair.
It should read something like “If one of the following Windows XP installations is damaged, Setup can try to repair it”
Use the up and down arrow keys to select your XP installation (if you only have one, it should already be selected) and press R to begin the Repair process.
Posted on Feb 26, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 30, 2012 | Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition English...
If you've forgotten your Windows
password and you're on a domain, you should contact your system
administrator to reset your password. If you're not on a domain, you can
reset your password by using a password reset disk or by using an
If you forget the administrator password and don't have a password reset disk or another administrator account, you won't be able to reset the password. If there are no other user accounts on the computer, you won't be able to log on to Windows and will need to re-install Windows.
Oct 10, 2011 | Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate for PC
Sep 02, 2011 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional
May 26, 2011 | Operating Systems
May 20, 2011 | Operating Systems
Aug 21, 2010 | Operating Systems
Feb 01, 2010 | Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Dec 22, 2009 | Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Nov 26, 2009 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2
69 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: