Question about Amplifiers & Preamps

1 Answer

How to set up an intigrated amp to a 100 watt reciever

I need help in how to wire these together if i can.

Posted by on

  • Jango Fixit
    Jango Fixit May 11, 2010

    Your post is not very clear. Which two items do you wish to hook up?


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Master
  • 682 Answers

Audio connection must have matching in audio level and symetrical.
1-prepare your connection cabels(better to be colour marked at connector(red for right channel- white for left chanel).
2-take pre amp right out to power amlifier right in.
3-take pre amp left out to power amplifier left in.
4-connect amplifier right out to right loudspeaker.
5-connect amplifier left out to left speaker.
6-adjust volume level and enjoyyy.

Posted on Mar 05, 2008

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Please advise if I can fix myself ? or do I need to take some where and if yes where and who can I trust

Can you please tell me exactly how you have the receiver wired. What I need is, for example, the left front speaker is wired to what? Do you have more than one speaker wired to to the same speaker terminal? For more information, or if you would like to inquire about having your Sony repaired, please visit my website at By the way, I was a Sony Factory Authorized Service Center for over 30 years. Thank you.

Feb 01, 2012 | Sony TA-E9000ES Amplifier

1 Answer

I have a Yamaha preamplifier CX-800/U where the Powertransformer is defect which let the primary 220V transform into secondary voltages.I know the transformer is no longer available but i would like to...

I asked for more info, but I have replaced many hundreds of unobtainable transformers. All the voltages can be found by a bit of logic thinking & observation. If I have the item in front of me I will have the solution in minutes.
Double red with black, expecially together is normally a X-0-X winding, identified by the rectifier & smoothing caps. The voltages on them will give some indication, but tracing the voltage to an regulator is an accurate solution.
What are the voltages used for?
Normally the one winding will be a low voltage like 12-18 volt for the pre-amps mixers etc. This very often will go through oner or more voltage regulators. Their voltage is written on them,and they will have have small heatsink on them & live near the rectifiers & caps. Look for three legged items marked something like 7812. This is a 12 volt reghulater while a 7809 is a 9 volt regulater. The split voltage say from 20-0-20 to 80-0-80 max will drive the power amp. A 20 watt stereo amp will most likely use two integrated circuits. Luckily you can find their operating voltages very easily by typing in their number like TDS2005 into google. As for an output stage like a 60 to 100 Watt amplifier, a voltage like 60 0 60 and 80 0 80 is used. If in doubt, go a bit lower & play safe. All you will loose is a few watts. If logic (computer circuitry) is used, all computers use basic only 12 volt and 5 volt. Very easy.
Before you give up or look for a new transformeer, just check!!!!!
Most *** xformers have a secret fuse inside them which is easily replaced if you know how!
Send photos! (under 60Kb)

Sep 04, 2011 | NAD C352 2-Channel Amplifier

1 Answer

How to wire the tuner and amp what wires do i need to get it to work

In most cases, you need a pair of Red/White RCA cables. Connect one set of ends (1 red + 1 white) to the external tuner's output and the other (white + red) to the input on the Amp.

Then you need double stranded wire to connect the speakers to the amp. one x double stranded wire for each speaker. You can use electrical cord from the hardware store (e.g. 18 gauge wire) or you can buy some speaker wire (16 to 20 gauge - use lower number wire (thicker) for higher power amp). 16 to 18 gauge wire for a 100 watt per channel amp if your speakers are less than 15 feet from the amp (wires are less than 15 feet long). If longer than 15 feet, use the 16 gauge wire. You can use 18 gauge for most anything else.

Jun 20, 2011 | Kenwood Amplifiers & Preamps

1 Answer

I have 3 Audiosource Amp-100 that have failed out

When the fuse keeps blowing you have an overload. The cause of which is either in the power supply or the main amp. It will almost for certain be a semi-conductor of some type acting like a piece of wire. A multi meter will show up a most faulty parts with this condition. On the Ohm setting applying the test probes to transistor terminals (E,C,B) you will get a responce like you had touch the probes together! The power transistors or whatever is on the heatsink are good at going short circuit, as people often short the speaker wires together.
Don't forget to check for burnt or damaged parts too.

As a rule of thumb with transistors when testing on a meter (1K setting) (best with moving coil scale meter than a digital) apply to base (B) and then to C & E you should get an ohms reading. If you don't get any reading (both ways) it's dead (open) and if the meter goes full scale - it's shorted.

Jul 31, 2010 | AudioSource AMP-100 2-Channel Amplifier

1 Answer

How much is the watt power for two speakers i need

add watt power for two speakers together(100 watt as example)your amp power must be (120 watt)at least.

Dec 15, 2009 | Pioneer A509R Amplifier

1 Answer

Fender Stage 100 dsp, solid state amp volume (or power) problem

The Deluxe may have more efficient speakers....which would cause it to sound louder. Also, the EQ settings could play a part in this. If the EQ's aren't set the same there could be a noticeable difference in sound.....usually the mids can have quite an effect on overall amp volume....

May 31, 2009 | HHB Radius 50 Tube Amplifier

1 Answer

I need speakers for my Onkyo A-911M integrated amp

A+B speakers = 4 channels 2 right 2 left

100 watts/4 = 25 watts per channel

RMS watts / channel = 25 x .707 = 18 watts/channel which is your average consumer stereo system

I would use 8 or 16 ohm speakers (not 4 ohm) -- almost any set of stereo speakers will "work" -- these will be 8 ohm and about 5 watt minimum / 40 watt max thereabouts

May 07, 2009 | Onkyo Amplifiers & Preamps

1 Answer

Connecting a reciever to an amps unswitched ac outlet

Its safe to connect your receiver to amplifier's AC socket / outlet. These units has 2 type of AC sockets, Switched and Unswithced. Switched AC outlet can be On-Off by unit itself.
Feel free to ask any more question.

Sep 06, 2008 | Amplifiers & Preamps

2 Answers


You extend wire from speaker what ever you want distance.

May 24, 2008 | Radio Shack 250 Watt PA Amplifier...

1 Answer

Combining an integrated receiver and an external amp.

yes, you are "forgoing the 100 Watts of my integrated receiver and now just using the 100 watts from the external amp"

Jun 03, 2007 | Home Theater Direct MA-1235 Amplifier

Not finding what you are looking for?
Amplifiers & Preamps Logo

Related Topics:

92 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Amplifiers & Preamps Experts


Level 3 Expert

4590 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17129 Answers

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

68323 Answers

Are you an Amplifier and Preamp Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides