3300 averatec dont power on and usb port not working
I already checked the device nanager the usb says is still working but when use flasdrive its not working..already tried troubleshootng..also the keypad is not working, to use it i still have to press shift to use the letters..and sone letters when i press is not working. what will i do? is there any repair shop in the philippines?? i fro the philippns> pls eail fab_hetty@ yahoo.co
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Go to your Device Manager and check to see if the USB ports appear with weird yellow globs or checks. If they do, right click on them an re-enable them.
2. If that's no go, shut down your computer, boot from the power button and tap on the F8 key like a maniac until you see choices. Scroll to Safe Mode using the arrow keys and hit the Enter key.
3. Now, just be patient, and forgive me for not explaining why. Watch wild black and white record of only the essential drivers for you machine scroll by until you come to a big distorted desktop with ICONs too big
4. Check and see if you can get on the net
5. If you can, in the open browser, type in "Malwarebytes Cnet Free Download". Choose the link that looks like what you tyed and download Malwarebytes by SAVE to you Desktop.
6. Install Malwarebytes and then run it.Just follow the instructions and remove the virus that blocked your USB ports (remove ALL the viruseand then reboot your computer from the Start button in Safe Mode)
7. If you end up back at the "choices" window, choose "Start WIndows Normally"
8. Check your USB ports
9. If not working, go to the Averatec Support Site, choose Drivers and Downloads, get your model and your Operating System chosen and download the support drivers for your machine.
10. If some of this seems Greek or Russian, get a friend to help and don't trash my rating. LOL 2 stars actually screw me. Leave 3,4 or none.
go to the Averatec support driver page and download new drivers for the USB. Sometimes these are listed as "chipset" drivers, which is a set drivers bundled into one. below is a link to where you can download files
Swapping hard drives only works if the hard drive is swapped into an identical computer with the same device configurations, CPU and RAM etc.
The best way to copy or recover data from a working hard drive is to insert the hard drive into an USB hard drive adapter and plug it into a working computer's USB port. You should see this drive as an external hard drive and you can then copy or backup the data onto the computers hard drive or USB memory stick etc.
does your usb mem stick have any light indicators? if yes , whenever you put you usb stick, does it light? if it lights are USB ports is still ok, You just have to reformat or partition you USB stick.
(you can also try other devices like usb mouse or any usb devices that lights up when you connect it)
if there are no lights if you plug, or no indication that a power goes to your stick, its possible that your usb your are busted. if this is the case, if your laptop has a PCMIA slot, you can find a pcmia USB card, if you dont have. your only option is replace the motherboard.
As you have already stated that the port in question can run a standard optical mouse, the port seems to be working fine.
Sometimes the drivers for a USB device need to be installed for each USB port. Maybe you have installed these drivers for 3 of your 4 USB ports, but not for the one in question, result of which is the problem you face.
A couple of things you can try:
1. In your Device Manager, un-install all USB instances then reboot. Win XP will auto detect and auto install back the USB drivers;
2. On reboot, again in your Device Manager, all instances of USB Root HUB, right click, click on Properties, Power Management tab, un-check "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power."
3. Download, install and use to format flash drives the HP Drive Key Boot Utility (cp006049.exe) available at http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/23839.html
If for some reason none of the above will for you, you may need to install an external/powered multi-port USB 2.0 Hub.
Hope this be of some idea/help. Post back how things turned up or should you need additional information.
Good luck and kind regards.
The Mp3 player may need a powered USB2 supply and not a peripheral powered supply.
The only reason your other usb ports may not work is that the controllers need re-installing or they are not enabled; see this post:-