Question about Singer 2662
1) It’s possible the machine is threaded incorrectly. Remove the thread completely and rethread the machine. Be sure to use good quality thread--don't buy the cheapest you can find. A good thread will help your machine perform better and your projects last longer.
2) Poor stitch quality can be caused by the needle. Make sure you're using a new needle that's right for the job. Many times machines are taken in for repairs and all they need is a new needle. If you can't remember the last time you changed the needle--it's past time. Needles should be changed at least every eight hours of sewing.
3) When inserting a new needle, make sure the flat side of the needle faces away from the bobbin area. For example, if your machine has a frontloading bobbin, the flat side of the needle faces the back of the machine. If your machine has a side-loading bobbin, the flat side faces the right side of the machine. Some older sergers require special needles that don't have a flat side. Refer to your owner's manual to properly install a serger needle.
4) Thread that shreds or breaks can be blamed on the needle. Use a good thread and make sure the needle eye is large enough for the thread type. Also use the right type of needle for the fabric;
5) The machine tension adjustments put stress on the thread so it doesn't simply flow through the machine. When the upper and lower tensions are balanced, the stitch forms correctly. Tension is easy to adjust--stitch on fabric samples with a different thread colour for the upper and lower threads. Observe the stitch, adjusting the tension until the stitch is formed correctly. As a general rule, adjust the upper tension first. If the stitch still isn't right, adjust the bobbin tension.
Posted on Feb 27, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 14, 2017 | Sewing Machines
Jan 05, 2017 | Singer Sewing Machines
Jan 03, 2017 | Sewing Machines
Mar 30, 2011 | White Sewing Sewing Machines
Dec 22, 2008 | Singer 7462 Mechanical Sewing Machine
Mar 25, 2008 | Singer 2662
383 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!