Question about HTC Touch P3450 Smartphone
Here's how to do one of those infamous "hard resets".
You may lose these settings...
a) Your text messages, MMS and Emails
b) Your XML layouts / Skins / Sounds / Camera pictures
c) Contacts, Tasks, Calendar
..and some other bits ...
Do try and Sync all your contacts/mails/tasks etc first. It might be worth mentioning that in order to do a hardware reset you must have the SD/MMC card in the phone.
Use Orange Backup too to save and restore other bits.
1) Remove the battery and wait 5 seconds. Replace the battery
2) Press and Hold voice recorder button (below power button on the left)
3) Power-on the device
4) The device will enter a special power-up mode
5) "Card found" will be displayed on the screen
6) Shortly after you may receive two options:
"Press any key to enter boot loader"
"Press action button to enter diag mod"
7) Press and hold the Action button
8) After a few seconds a menu will be displayed
9) Select "Erase IPSM" and wait for the screen to display "PASSED"
10) Then move to the left with the navigation button and select "END"
11) A screen with three colours will be displayed
You may now remove and replace the battery and perform a normal power up. :)
Posted on Feb 26, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 06, 2016 | HTC Cell Phones
Sep 22, 2014 | HTC Mobile Phone One S Black
Jan 24, 2012 | Motorola Mobility Triumph
Jun 12, 2011 | HTC Cell Phones
Jul 12, 2010 | HTC HD2 Smartphone
Nov 01, 2009 | Garmin nuvi 350 GPS Receiver
Aug 15, 2009 | HTC Touch Pro Smartphone
Mar 23, 2009 | Sony Ericsson R306 RADIO Cellular Phone
Dec 28, 2008 | HTC Touch Cell Phone (Unlocked) - Soft...
117 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!