Yes the acer helpdesk recommended this as when i turn on my laptop it get stuck on a windows system update and keeps logging it self off and then back on. Can't do anything on my laptop borrowing a friends for today
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There are several possible ways to reset a windows password. The first thing to try is this:
1. Power on the computer and tab F8 continuously until the boot menu comes up.
2. Select "Safe Mode"
3.When the login in screen appears there should be an account labeled "Administrator". Select this account. It may require a password. If it does, and you don't know it, then you will not be able to use this method to reset the password.
4. If you are able to get into the account, then you can go to Control Panel and access the user account settings. Since you are under the Admin account, you will be able to change or remove the passwords of any users on the system.
If you can not access the Admin account you will have to use the windows install disk that came with the system, and the instructions will vary based on which version of windows you are using.
it only can repair with format your laptop, you will lost your drive c: data
if your acer bundled with windows you can restore it to factory setting, press f10 at acer logo appear, if your acer not bundled with windows use windows cd to reinstall windows
i hope this helpfullthanks for using fixya
The experience forgot admin windows password happened to me few days ago. And I searched in the Internet to find the solution. Then I found a windows password reset tool called Windows Password Reset have a good evaluation.
I tried it as the steps: Step1:Download and install Windows Password Reset Step2:Burn Windows Password Reset ISO file to CD/DVD,or USB. Step3:Put in my newly created CD and remove my Windows Password.
Probably the easiest way to resolve this issue is by following the steps outlined below.
1. Shut down the computer. 2. Turn the computer on and immediately press F8 repeatedly until you get the "Advanced Boot Options" menu. 3. use the down arrow to select "Safe Mode" and press enter. 4. Window is should start with a "Help" window. 5. In the help window there is an underlined "What is System Restore?" Click on that and "Click to open System Restore" 6. click on that and a new window comes up recommending restoring to a previous state. 7. Click ok and the operating system should restore your computer successfully and reboot into normal mode.
From your start menu, choose computer, at the top of that window hit system properties, on the left hit system protection, It should be open to the system retore page, Hit the system restore button. What you want is to restore to the last day your computer shut down right. For me that was just before the last windows update on 5/7/2009 when my computer as well started not shutting down. The system restore doesn't erase any of your files it just restores the system files and drivers back to the date you specify. Worked for me!
Are you logged into windows or just the bios settings? Are you running XP or Vista? If you are in XP and you logged in by another user name and don't have and files under the Admin account I wouldn't worry about it as long as you have Admin priv on the user name you are logged in under.
Log on to your computer with safe mode Steps 1. Start your computer 2. As soon as you see the first black screen when the computer starts , keep on pressing F8 You will see advanced options menu Select " Safe mode with net working" Now your computer will give you an option to log in with the administrator username You need to log in with Admin and then goto control panel and change the password for your username ...
If this does not work then plz reply back stating the Operating system you have like windows XP, vista , 98 , 2000 etc...