My freestyle player says format error how to fix?? it was working fine and then this error.
Q.: My player is having a DRM error / Format Error / Empty Disk Error
what do I do?
A: For all 3 errors, the first step is to attempt to reset the player, this can be accomplished by pressing the play and menu
buttons down together for approximately five seconds. If reset does nothing, make sure all the songs are .mp3s, if all songs
are .mp3s, attempt to format and re-sync the player.
if you need it
How do I convert my iTunes into MP3 format?
A: See Music Conversion Instruction Document: Transferring and Playing Music on Freestyle Audio mp3 players with
if you need to format the player here is how for MAC and windows.
Q.: What's Reformatting, How do I format my Player?
A: Reformatting your player basically wipes you player clean and deletes all songs, leaving you with a blank slate. Like
most removable drives you can reformat your player with no worries of damage to the unit. When reformatting on a Mac
make sure you choose the MS-DOS format style.
(CAUTION: FORMATTING WILL ERASE EVERTHING ON THE DRIVE)
PC (Windows NT, 9x, XP and Vista):
1. Plug in the Mp3 Player.
2. Put the Player in removable drive mode. Under "My Computer" you should
see the player as a removable drive.
3. Right click on the "removable drive" and a Drop down menu should appear.
4. In the menu select the option "format..."
5. Make sure that "FAT" is selected as the file system and that Allocation
Unit size is set to "Default Allocation Unit Size"
6. Now click format and wait, after it says format complete, you're done.
MAC OS 9 (and Earlier):
1. Plug the player in.
2. Put the player in removable drive mode.
3. Single-click the disk's icon on your desktop to format.
4. Pull down the "Special" menu from the top of the screen and select "Erase
5. Enter whatever name you want in the "Name:" field in the window that pops
up. If the disk is a hard drive, select "Mac OS Extended" from the
"Format:" pull down. If the disk is not a hard drive (such as a Zip Disk
or other removable media), select "MS-DOS or MAC OS Standard" for the
6. Press "Erase." The drive will be formatted and ready to use.
MAC OS X (and later):
1. Start your computer and plug in the player in the USB port after the Mac
OS has completed loading.
2. Put the Player in removable drive mode.
3. An icon for a removable drive should appear for the flash drive on the
4. From the Dock, open "Disk Utility".
5. Click "Erase" from the top selector (next to "First Aid")
6. Choose "MS DOS File System (FAT16)"
7. Click the "Erase" button
8. Perform the instructions given on the screen and finish the formatting.
if you need any help with a Step let me know and i hope this information was helpful don't forget to Rate .
Jan 27, 2011 |
Freestyle Audio MP3 Player