Question about SanDisk Sansa e260 MP3 Player
I was having some problems with my sansa e260, couldn't delete and upload music. So I used the recovery tool, as I had done once before (although that time the device worked fine), but this time something happened and my computer won't see the device. I tried switching from MTP to MSC mode in USB settings of the device, then also tried the recovery tool couple more times as suggested by one expert here. But still no success. When I open the device it says that the "refresh database fail", then when I connect it to computer in MTP mode, the computer does not recognize it. When I plug it with MSC mode it shows empty E and F drives. The memory on the device info shows 0 MB, and free space is also 0 MB. Can anyone suggest what I need to do to make it work again? I really appreciate your help. Thank you very much in advance.
I had this same problem, this is what it took to fix it. Worked for me, good luck!
Please copy and paste the following link into your web browser address bar, and then click Go or hit your Enter key. When prompted, choose the option to Save the file to your Desktop.
Once you have downloaded the file, please follow these instructions.
1) Double click on My Computer so that you can see it on your screen.
2) Turn the player off.
3) On the top of the player is a Hold switch, move it to the right so you see Orange.
4) On the left hand side of the player is a Record button, press and hold it while connecting the player to the computer. Continue holding the Record button until you see a new icon under My Computer called 16MB FORMAT. Once you see that icon you may release the Record button.
5) Double click the file you downloaded earlier and run it. Follow all of the on-screen instructions, and when you get to the prompt where it asks you whether you would like to Format it, choose Yes. Once it is done, click Finish.
6) Disconnect the player and look at the screen. Several things will be displayed, and when you see Key Lock, System Shutdown, move the Hold switch on the top back to the left.
7) Turn the player on and watch the screen. If you see a Refresh Database Fail error, you will need to follow steps 1-7 again until you do not get the error. If it does not work the first time, it could take up to 3 times for it to work.
Posted on Mar 04, 2008
i also hav no clu wat 2 do wit my mp3
dont no how 2 upload music onto it, my uncle did it last time
Posted on Oct 06, 2008
Wow, thanks! I thought this was a lost cause. I gave up trying about a month or more ago. But decided to give it another go. This really worked, thanks!!
Posted on Oct 05, 2008
Last step it says:
Aplication failed to read version details.
Posted on May 13, 2008
Hi, tanks a lot, i put two times for a window asking if i want to format, i put them on, then disconnect, and in the player screen apears formatting..., about 50 sec several words appear, and restart player, now he seen 3807MB, tanks a lot.
Posted on Apr 19, 2008
Thank you AmberNavari!
Posted on Mar 10, 2008
SOURCE: sansa e260 - memory gone?
Have you tried re-formatting while in MSC mode? I've had quite a bit of success with repairing some memory issues with simple reformat. (Fat32). My wife's was showing almost no memory and no music at all. I reformatted and reloaded her music and it works great!
Posted on Feb 27, 2008
I would recommend that you update the firmware on the device..Once the firmware is updated you shouldnt have that problem anymore..I hope that helps
Please rate accordingly
Posted on Mar 21, 2008
Make sure USB mode is MTP....If this doesn't work make sure that you are connected to a 2.0 USB port....I had to install the update on to my labtop and finally it recognized it and updated
Push the power button in until it turns off then proceed with the above
Posted on Apr 12, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 23, 2010 | SanDisk Sansa e260 MP3 Player
Jun 13, 2009 | SanDisk Sansa e260 MP3 Player
Apr 24, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa e260 MP3 Player
Feb 26, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa e260 MP3 Player
Dec 31, 2007 | SanDisk Sansa e260 MP3 Player
Nov 27, 2007 | SanDisk Sansa e260 MP3 Player
Aug 01, 2007 | SanDisk Sansa e260 MP3 Player
212 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: