Question about Washing Machines
My washer gives me an ERR message when I press start. It flashes between 58 and PAU, but when I press start or any other button it says ERR. I've unplugged it, left it alone.......nothing.......HELP!
ERR=An error has been detected
PAU=Cycle has been intrupted
58=High current on motor phase
To clear latest stored error code:
• Turn the Program Knob to the start position, Spin Only.
• Press Start/Pause to start the cycle and save it.
• Press Cancel to stop the cycle and turn off the LEDs.
• Press Cancel again to turn on the LEDs.
• Within 5 seconds, press and hold the Option and Start/Pause buttons until LEDs start sequentially chasing, then release buttons.
• Turn the program knob clockwise 7 clicks from the Start Position. The control will signal the last error code.
• Press and hold the Options and Start/Pause buttons for 3 seconds. The code will be cleared.
• Exit Diagnostic Mode to return the washer to normal operation.
a) Unplug the power cord, wait 5-8 seconds, then reconnect the power cord OR
b) Turn the program knob clockwise 2 or 3 clicks after the Start Position. Press Options and Start/Pause buttons
together for a few seconds until wash cycle LEDs appear.
Posted on Apr 13, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Hello friend, thank you for your post!
I see that your Frigidaire washer, FAFW3517KW, is constantly showing you pause, when you press start it flashes the pause again, and that the door lock light does not come on. You could be seeing a couple of different possible reasons this is happening such as your control panel, door lock assembly, or door switch. Since it could be any of the underlying issues I would recommend having a professional come out to the home and repair the washer. -Matt
Aug 02, 2014 | Frigidaire Affinity FAFW3517KW 3.5 Cu. Ft....
May 15, 2014 | Frigidaire Affinity FAHE4044MW 27"...
Hello zabbster - Typically the DR or DO error code indicates that the door switch is not closed. Make sure that the door lock is completely closed. If the door is closed, make sure the door latch is not broken. If the latch is broken, you may possibly need to replace the door lock switch.
Sep 25, 2012 | Frigidaire Affinity ATF7000E Front Load...
Apr 18, 2011 | Kenmore 3.5 cu. ft. Front Load Electric...
Jun 04, 2009 | Frigidaire Affinity ATF6000ES 3.5 Cu. Ft....
May 11, 2009 | Frigidaire Affinity ATF6000ES 3.5 Cu. Ft....
Apr 20, 2008 | Frigidaire Affinity ATF7000E Front Load...
Jan 20, 2007 | Frigidaire Affinity ATF6000ES 3.5 Cu. Ft....
691 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!