Question about Samsung CLX 3160fn All-In-One Printer
It does not print from any computer that is networked to the Samsung CLX 3160. How do I get it to print. I have gone thru all the troubleshooting provided without online support until I was promted to go online. WTF.
Why does my CLX-3160 printer says "printing.."even though i am not printing anything ?
Posted on Jun 15, 2008
1) You need to configure the IP address on the printer to get it printed thru network.
2) Scanner Locked, there's a lock underneath the scanner bed,make sure it's fully released.
Posted on Mar 14, 2008
On the printer. Check under menu > Network> TCP/IP> If it comes up Static then hit the ok button to check the static address it gives you (should be 192.168.1.xxx). Make sure you don't change anything (use the back button to exit). Just copy it down. If it comes up DHCP then it is set up to obtain an address automatically. On your PC in Windows XP, Go to printers/faxes, right click the Samsung CLX3160FN and click on Properties. Click on the Ports tab. Check to see that there is a check mark next to standard TCP/IP it should say Samsung CLX-3160FN next to it (or not) (the name is only used to identify the port from others) and higlight it. Click on Configure Port. IF YOUR PRINTER WAS SET TO STATIC then the TCP/IP address here should match the address you copied from the printer. If your printer is set to DHCP but can't communicate with the PC you may want to set your printer to Static and set the TCP/IP address manually. you have to use 192.168.1 the last three digits should be higher than 100 and lower than 200. I have mine set to 192.168.1.104 and it is working fine. You just have to make sure that the numbers on the printer and the numbers under your port setup in Windows are the same. IMPORTANT: THIS ADDRESS HAS TO REMAIN UNIQUE TO YOUR CLX-3160FN AND MUST NOT BE DUPLICATED IN ANY OTHER DEVICE ON THE NETWORK OR IT WILL CONFLICT. IF THAT HAPPENS RAISE THE LAST THREE DIGITS OF THE ADDRESS TO STAY AWAY FROM ADDRESSES USED BY OTHER DEVICES. I have an HP laserjet and a print server with an Epson Photosmart on it also and I had address conflicts. I set them all on static with a unique address for each and now they don't collide and work fine. If you have to, you can set up a new port for your printer under windows. Same as above just click on add new port and follow the instructions. Again make sure that you use the same port number you have the printer set up under Static. I hope this helps.
Also check on these:
1) try using a different port on your router (sometimes ports go bad) If it is, get a new router.
2) try using a new ethernet cable, make sure it is Cat 6. For some reason these high end MF like that better.
3) Check the lights on the back of the printer next to the ethernet connection. You should have a yellow light and a green light. The green light should be blinking when it is communicating on the network. The yellow light should stay solid to show a connection.
4) Make sure your ethernet card on the PC is activated. Control Panel> Network Connections - depending on your machine there should be a local area connection that shows a couple of monitors with a tee connector and a cable with a lock going from one to the other. If it is dissabled it would have a red X accross the cable. If it does, right click on it and click on enable.
Posted on Aug 18, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 26, 2015 | Samsung CLX-3160 All-In-One Laser Printer
Apr 04, 2013 | Samsung CLX-3160 All-In-One Laser Printer
Sep 20, 2011 | Samsung CLX-3160 All-In-One Laser Printer
Apr 20, 2011 | Samsung CLX-3160 All-In-One Laser Printer
May 03, 2010 | Samsung CLX 3160fn All-In-One Printer
Nov 09, 2009 | Samsung CLX-3160 All-In-One Laser Printer
Jun 29, 2009 | Samsung CLX-3160 All-In-One Laser Printer
Jun 25, 2009 | Samsung CLX-3160 All-In-One Laser Printer
May 04, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
645 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!