Question about Dell Dimension XPS PC Desktop
I Trouble with out of memory code when using Ulead. I have a Dell Dimension Dim 3000 Intell (R) with a Pentium (R) 4 CPU 2.80 GHz. 2.79 GHz, 1.25 GB of Ram. I have service pack 2. PC graphics upgrade VisionTec X1550 256 MA video card. I have Ulead 11 plus and other video programs and they all have a out of memory warning when I try to insert more than 5 or 10 pictures into the main video. Also when I burn the video, from 30 to 50 minutes long, the DVD will have skips in the finished product. I have tried the same thing on my Dell Laptop and it works fine. I purchased this tower to do videos and as of yet I can' use it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Dave
A couple of suggestions:
1. increase your swap file/virtual memory to roughly double your physical memory;
2. defrag your main hard drive;
3. while running Ulead, disable temporarily your anti-virus (and your net connection);
4. Trim/slim down your startup files (msconfig);
5. select "Adjust for best performance" in your Performance Options (System properties);
6. Verify that you do not have any virus or malwares lurking somewhere.
Hope this be of initial help/idea. Pls post back how things turned up or should you need additional information.
Good luck and kind regards.
Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on Feb 25, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 29, 2016 | Dell Dimension 8200 PC Desktop
Mar 06, 2014 | Dell Dimension 8200 PC Desktop
Sep 04, 2010 | Dell Dimension 5150 (DIM515MIN) PC Desktop
Apr 22, 2010 | Dell Dimension 3000 PC Desktop
Apr 04, 2010 | Dell Dimension 2400 PC Desktop
Feb 07, 2010 | Dell Dimension 8200 PC Desktop
Sep 27, 2009 | Dell Dimension 3000® Pentium® 4...
Dec 30, 2008 | Dell OptiPlex GX270 PC Desktop
Feb 21, 2008 | Dell Dimension 3000 PC Desktop
Feb 14, 2008 | Dell Dimension 2400 PC Desktop
Dec 28, 2011 | Dell Dimension XPS PC Desktop
416 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!