My problem is that none of the programmes are moving on from wash to rinse to spin, Machine stops completely after wash then need to turn off machine and set to rinse and spin, it stops at the end of that without spinning and turn off again and set to spin. I guess it's something fairly serious ? I am in Dublin, Ireland
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Could be several reasons:
- Selected the "Night cycle" program (means standing with the drum full of water, reason: too much noise in the spin cycle)
- Set to the "Rinse hold" (means standing with the drum full of water, reason: wrinkles on the clothes)
According to your description I think that this is not a failure otherwise error E20 will be appears on display.
Once the washing programme has come to an end, END illuminates on the programme progress display.
If RINSE HOLD was selected, the display beside the START/ PAUSE button flashes. 1. After a rinse hold, the water must first be pumped out:
- Either press the START/PAUSE button (the water is pumped out and the washing is spun according to the completed programme;
After the START/PAUSE button is pressed again, the spin speed can still also be changed during spinning), or
- Turn the programme selector to PUMP OUT and press the START/PAUSE button (the water is pumped out without spinning),or
- Turn the programme selector to SPIN or SHORT SPIN and press theSTART/PAUSE button (the water is pumped out and the washing is spun or gently spun).
At the end of this programme step, the END indicator will illuminate. 2. Open the door.
As soon as the DOOR indicator lights up green, the door can be opened.
If you select a rinse and spin programme and it completes the cycle, then I would say that the heater element is probably faulty, because the programme will not advance until the water has reached the correct temperature.
If it does not complete the rinse and spin cycle, then it is likely to be the control module that is the problem.
does it have a manual programme knob?if it does ,probably the internal contacts do not mesh so it stops at next step (programme)but the water pump keeps on making the noise.
try turning the knob by hand when machine stops before entering next programme cycle.if machine starts ,programme knob is the problem.