This phone got dunk in clean water a year ago and again last week for a very short time. We dried it with an air dryer and oven heat at low and it worked ok the first time but not this last week? I found a step by step tutorial on how to take the covers off, cleaned everything with contact spray cleaner and found no problems that I could see,(no red dot under the battery) the battery charges normally on another similar motorola .
THE ONLY INDICATION THIS PHONE GIVES ME IS WHEN I PRESS THE ON/OFF RED KEY,THE WHOLE KEY PAD LIGHTS UP,IT STAY LIT AS LONG AS I PRESS ON IT BUT GOES OFF AS SOON AS I RELEASE IT? THE SCREEN ITSELF NEVER COMES ON ?
i WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO BE REPLACED? SO i COULD TRY DOING IT MYSELF? (I'm retired and on a limited budged)
It seems like a damaged chip possibly rusted or if you didn't take out the battery, severe damage to the whole phone. You might be able to get it repaired for less instead of replaced. I am not sure if you can buy new parts, but you can probably find a new one on ebay with a broken screen or something like that, and use parts from both to make a new phone(Did the same with 3 broken PSP consoles) I hope this helps. If you have a hard time with the second option, you can find guides for disassembly and reassembly online.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Yep. I dropped my Blackberry in the toilet completely. It would not charge or turn on for 1 day. But it worked after that. You need to let it dry out. Give it a day or two. You can also try taking out all the pieces and using a hair dryer. If it doesn't work, you can always buy yourself one of those prepaid phones and just use your sim card with it until you can afford a new phone. Good luck.
My razor broke about 1/2 year ago and im with verizon and they said their not making them anymore.. so i got a newer razor... I experienced the same problems and they got fixed when i got a new phone for free..
Usually the batter gets fried when it comes in contact with water (I know because I dove into a pool, swam for 10 minutes, and had my phone in my pocket!).
1. Take the battery out of your phone instantly after water damage. 2. Dry your phone with a blow-dryer until thoroughly dry. 3. Dry the battery. 4. Place the battery back in the phone and press the power button. 5. If the phone turns on, good, if not continue to step 6.
6. Find a friend with a RAZR and use his/her battery in your phone.
If the other battery works purchase a new battery... and by the way... the lines on your screen WILL GO AWAY lol
yes it is bad
getting hot means that the internals are frying or shorting out
leave the battery off of it for about a week then try it again.
I really don't like your chances of it working properly again though.
You didn't say how long you allowed your phone to dry after it took the swim, nor how long it was in the water. Both are important in trying to guess how much damage may have been done. If the time in the water was very short (very) then there may be hope. If you allowed the phone to dry for a long time (possibly a day or even two) then there is hope as well.
You are right to state that the water had a high turbidity. It's not actually the water that will kill it, it's the stuff in the water.
One thing to think about would be to actually take the phone apart as far down as you can (and dare depending on your skill and knowledge of getting it back together). Once you've taken it apart, rinse it a couple of times with isopropyl alcohol. Doing this may once again suspend all the "stuff" that was left when the water evaporated. and the alcohol shouldn't leave any residue. After you've rinse the phone, allow it to dry for a day or two. Yeah a day or two may sound like a long time to be without you're phone, but it doesn't work right now anyway, so err on the side of caution. Now you may be tempted to use a hair dryer, I don't recommend the hair dryer. You could actually get some components of your phone too hot and cause yourself problems. If you want to I've had good results from laying electronic components on top of a heat and air vent in the house. The heat coming out (at this time of year) should not be warm enough to cause any damage and even the cool air (in the summer) gets good air flow to the device and helps evaporate any moisture, unless of course you have really high humidity.
Anyway, I rambled some there but I hope I've helped at least a little.
If it survived one dunking it will most liklet survive a second SOOOOO. I am into R/C stuff and when our gear gets dunked we rinse it out with ultra pure water, Deionised/distilled water if you can get it. I think that the detergent in the washing machine may have left a residue and be affecting your electronics so if you wash it carefully in distilled water (yep dunk it again, crack it open and wash it all inside)to get rid of the detergent residue on the board (note REMOVE BATTERY). Afterwards dunk it in methylated spirits (test to make sure it wont affect any plastic parts first)to remove the water and leave to dry in a warm spot for a day at least. 2 years ago I dropped a $500 transmitter in a dirty dam (Acid /fuel/road runoff)and did exactly this and its been fine ever since. Worked the next day in fact.
Its not a mobile phone but its always worth a chance. Once you've finished you may want to take it apart after you've tested it if its going and spray the board with CRC 226 circuit cleaner and water repeller. I've got it on all of my R/C gear and it gets regularly soaked for up to 1hr at a time in muddy water and is all fine.