EXplorist units have also some hidden and service functions. Like, if unit is off, you can to press:
- IN + PWR - to full selftest of unit (screen test, keypad test, NMEA test)
- OUT + PWR - to serial port test
- ESC + PWR - to burn-in process
- LIGHT + ENTER + RWR - tp uploading of new firmware
- NAV + PWR - to call Service Function window (see below)
- NAV + MENU + PWR - to force power off, equal remove batteries.
- GOTO + OUT + POWER - clear memory and set all settings as default.
Make sure you are using the power button on the right side of the unit and not the backlight setting on the left. I know this sounds silly, but I just spent 20 minutes trying to figure out how to turn it on. Dah!!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You can download the US basemap for the 500 at http://www.megaupload.com/it/?d=EJTNQH03 Rename it BASEMAP.MGI Then copy it in the directory "background maps" in the SD card of your 500, by using a SD card reader/writer. Insert
the SD card in your 500 and connect it to your PC; then turn it on;it
will turn on regularly, because the basemap in the card will be
detected; turn it to USB file transfer mode, and copy the basemap from
the SD card to the directory "background maps" of the 500. If you already have the file ..just rename it like I said ..and copy it ..using the sd card in the reader...Than if it is not functional ..just reset it ..and reload the file the proper way by reloading maps..
You can try to update your GPS firmware.
Before you update your Magellan eXplorist 500 firmware or install a custom basemap, Magellan recommends that you backup all of your GPS data.
Click here to download the firmware update (Version 2.57)
Connect your Magellan GPS unit via the USB drive. Double-click on the update file to begin the installation process. Follow the on-screen instructions .
With you 500 turned off press nav + power; then change the numbers 00 in 95 by using the joystick and and then press the joystick itself; accept what proposed. after turning the gps on again and pressing enter the NAND will be configured and your gps will become in order again. if necessary, in usb file transfer mode, reload the basemap in the directory background maps