Question about Magellan eXplorist 500 GPS Receiver
While trying install new battery and charger, unit won't power up anymore. Tried USB cable, AAA battery pack and Li ion battery, still nothing. Does anyone know where diagrams can be found.
EXplorist units have also some hidden and service functions. Like, if unit is off, you can to press:
- IN + PWR - to full selftest of unit (screen test, keypad test, NMEA test)
- OUT + PWR - to serial port test
- ESC + PWR - to burn-in process
- LIGHT + ENTER + RWR - tp uploading of new firmware
- NAV + PWR - to call Service Function window (see below)
- NAV + MENU + PWR - to force power off, equal remove batteries.
- GOTO + OUT + POWER - clear memory and set all settings as default.
IN + PWR helped to power up my unit.
Posted on Nov 15, 2008
Make sure you are using the power button on the right side of the unit and not the backlight setting on the left. I know this sounds silly, but I just spent 20 minutes trying to figure out how to turn it on. Dah!!
Posted on Mar 18, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 28, 2011 | Magellan eXplorist 500 GPS Receiver
Jun 17, 2011 | Magellan GPS
Aug 10, 2010 | Magellan eXplorist GC Handheld Geocaching...
Feb 14, 2010 | Magellan eXplorist 500 GPS Receiver
Sep 21, 2008 | Magellan eXplorist 500 GPS Receiver
Jun 06, 2008 | Magellan eXplorist 500 GPS Receiver
Oct 19, 2007 | Magellan eXplorist 500 GPS Receiver
1,287 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!