- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
First I would plug a regular phone into the phone line to make sure it has a dial tone. Assuming that works send a fax to your cell phone and see if the fax machine dials out and makes your cell ring. Assuming that works check the fax for an error code as to why it is not faxing or failing.
The problem maybe from your network service provider, or probably you may need to check the settings on the faxing machine then also take it for servicing. You can call your network service provider engineer to diagnose the faxing machine for you, by checking the settings on the faxing machine.
Try dialing the number by hand on a regular telephone. If the other end picks up the phone and beeps at you something is wrong with the number saved in the fax machine. If hand dialing the number does not get you connected to something that beeps at you, there is something wrong at the other end.
I've had the same problem before. I don't know if it will solve your problem directly but I can offer a work around or two.
1. I have an efax number but with a company called callwave.com , I fax stuff to other customers using callwave and my MFC 7820n completes each fax successfully. So if you can get yourself a callwave efax number you can fax to yourself and forward fax as an email to your intended party.
2. Or, you can use your mfc 7820n to scan your fax docs as a pdf directly to your computer and then emailing them to your intended party.
Unfortunately it might be a brother issue because at the office when I use the hp fax machine instead of the brother machine, the hp faxes to efax numbers without a problem.