I think my son dropped it in a jug of water. I cleaned up, dried it (on the surface, battery, battery compartment etc). when i switch on it shoes me "Offline mode"...I can see the Tower bar (single line tower) but nothing else and is not connecting.
This is a new line taken in Dec'07, now beyond warranty and don't have any insurance. Can some on please help, I sure can not afford another phone!
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has answered 1,000 questions.
Re: My A640 by Samsung
Hi, once these are dropped in water or soaked, they,re in the Bin.
All you can do is This.
1:) remove the Battery.
2:) put the phone ( without as much casing as possible ) on A central-heating Radiator. On top of a towel.
3:) gently blow with a warm-hot set hair Dryer.
4:) replace Battery and switch on.
If non of this works, bin the phone, and give your son a clip around the ear :)
Mike @ Compurepair.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Could be there is still moisture inside the headset socket .insert headphone jack into it and the keep drying the input end to see if this cures it.really need to dry this phone out over a week with the battery out as condensation from body heat will keep occurring if any moisture remains.
you need to get the phone fully dried for it to work well again.
Remove the battery and clean it very well. After that, get a phone screw driver, unscrew all the phone screws, remove the phone cover in order to gain access to the phone panel. Gently remove/detach the screen from the phone board.
Get a methylated spirit and a soft tooth brush, dip the tooth brush into the spirit and use the brush to clean the phone board. Wash/brush every part of the board with the spirit.
After that, dry the board under an electric bulb or under sunlight. Allow it to dry very well. Let the board get hot. Then leave the board for 5mins or more to cool.
After that, couple back the phone, fix in the battery and try again. Then phone will definitely power on.
Please take note; once a phone drops into water or any liquid, first thing you need do is to remove the battery, get a phone screw driver, loose the phone and dry the phone board with bulb or any heat.
The essence is to dry the water totally from the board, because if it dries itself, the phone board will get rust and phone might not work properly again.
Back to your phone, I think the liquid as entered your screen and its not dry yet, that's why its white.
Put off the phone, remove the battery and leave the liquid to dry on the screen or put is near a very light heat and the liquid will gradually dry off.
You may still have water in tight places due to water surface tension. Open all the access doors, take out the SIM card, battery and anything else that is removable and put all parts in a ziplock bag. Get some dessicant bags (from old shoe boxes), cardboard pieces, saltine crackers and put them in the ziplock bag also and put on top of your microwave oven (if it is used a lot) or in the window where it gets direct sunlight. Leave it there until moisture gets on the bag then disappears again (3-5days) The dry items in the ziplock will help draw out all the moisture better than air drying. I have done this many times on cell phones, gameboys, etc. and it works everytime.
wow, himan and masir really have no idea what they are talking about. clean it properly before inserting the battery? remove the battery and get it serviced? you 2 are idiots. the upstage battery can't be removed without disasembling the entire case and then desoldering the battery from the board. i bet you 2 are probably the same people that get complaints left and right when people call dell and get an outsourced call center...