- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Motor part number is 8529936 about $200.00 any appliance parts store can order it. You can replace it your self. Also replace the direct drive coupling when you change the motor.part number 285753. Be sure to inspect your wiring harness and check the motor wire continuity before you put $200.00 into it.
This is joyce
How old is this unit?
this can be costly to fix, it may not be worth the cost, may just replace, the barrons in drum sounds like they are shot and the oil is from the inside gasket, my friend at work had the manufacture to replace her dryer because of this. you may want to call them if your unit is not to old, they also may have recall on your unit so call and make sure of this before you discard unit. go to webb site I have never heard of your unit so I am not familar with who makes this unit.
please grade me at end of session
While you may have removed the door with the hinges from the cabinet the nuts may have fallen down on the unit.
You may want to open the back panel or the bottom panel and try searching for the same, in case you need assistance mounting the bracket back on the cabinet once you have the nuts do let me know.
Sounds to me like the motherboard inside the unit is on it's way to thermal overload. This is a common problem with this particular model. You'll smell electronics burning and one day it'll quit altogether with a burst of smoke. I had this happen to me and I traced the problem back to a faulty triac (transistor-like device) that overheated and caused the circuit board and wiring harness to burn up from excessive current draw. I repaired my motherboard with a new triac ($6) and rewired the harnesses. A cooling fan on the heatsink of the board would solve this problem.