Question about Dishwashers
I took out the drain unit in the bottom of the dishwasher to clean it.
1. I took off 2 hex bolts(screws) and an oval white plastic cage(about 1' tall) came off.
2. Next, two white plastic parts came out. One has an oval top about 1" deep. The other white plastic part is also oval and has 2 screens going down, perpendicular to the top.
3. I gently pried the 2 push washer-like grips off the front of the large bottom screen in order to clean under it.
1. I wasn't paying attention when I took the 2 white plastic parts out and need to know how to put them back in. Yes, next time I WILL pay attention! I can't find a diagram on the web and GE customer service is not open.
2. Can I reuse the little push washer-like grips to secure the bottom screen? If not, can I take them to Home Depot and get some new ones? Or a local plumbing place?
Hope that you can help me.
Good Day Sherry, GE has used several different designs in the past couple of years. It would be helpful it you could list the model for your unit. When you open the door and glance on the left side.. what you're looking for would be a gray label about 1 inch wide and 4 inches long. It will say Model and be something like PDW8200... or GSD5900 that way, we would be able to identify, which particular drain system is used for your particular model. Can we start with that..?
Posted on Feb 25, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 22, 2014 | Samsung DMT400RHS Builtin Dishwasher
May 08, 2010 | Whirlpool DU1055XTS Built-in Dishwasher
Dec 13, 2009 | Whirlpool Dishwashers
Sep 10, 2009 | Dishwashers
Aug 04, 2009 | Fisher and Paykel 24 in. DD603H W Built-in...
Aug 03, 2009 | GE Tritonr XL GSD6260JCC Dishwasher
Jun 07, 2009 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Aug 08, 2008 | Miele Incognito G818SCVi Built-in...
Jun 21, 2007 | Indesit 23 in. DV62 IX Built-in Dishwasher
Nov 06, 2006 | Jenn-Air JDB6510 Built-in Dishwasher
250 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!