How many times I click my windows media player, it didn't appear. I don't knnow why..!
Have you installed any third party players?
Did you try to make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
Are you getting any error messages or error codes?
You may try the following steps to rebuild the Windows Media Player Library database and check if it works.
To do this, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, click Run, type %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Media Player, and then click OK.
2. Select all the files in the folder, and then click Delete on the File menu.
Note You do not have to delete the folders that are in this folder.
3. Restart Windows Media Player.
If this does not resolve the problem, clear the Windows Media Player database cache files. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Exit Windows Media Player.
2. If you are running Windows Vista, click Start, click Run, type %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft, and then click OK.
3. Select the Media Player folder, and then click Delete on the File menu.
4. Restart Windows Media Player.
For more information, you may refer the following article:
You may try to install quicktime and then media player might use the codec to play .mov files.
Note: Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.
You may refer the following link for more information:.
Convert music, videos, and pictures from one format to another
File types supported by media center
Hope this information is helpful
Jul 09, 2011 |
Microsoft Windows Media Player