Question about Remington MicroScreen Intercept M-8221 Electric Shaver
How do I change the battery on my Remington M8221 shaver?
• Thoroughly clean the razor cutter area
• Pull off (straight out) cutters and lay aside
• Release spring clips and remove
• Gently pry up and remove rubber boot
• Pry case open starting at cutter end and bending up toward connector end
• Thoroughly clean razor interior area (blow out)
• Pull up motor and remove black oscillator bars
• Pry up the circuit board by releasing the cutter-end catch using a small tool to push it in while prying gently up on the cutter-end of the board and bending up
• Clean the board and turn it over
• Note battery polarity and mark on board if not present already
• Unsolder the battery tabs using unsolder braid. Be careful not to short the electrical circuitry as the batteries are electrically LIVE at this point.
• Remove the old batteries and fully clean off the circuit board solder-pads using unsolder braid.
• Mark the installation date on the new batteries in a place where it will be visible
• Install new batteries, making sure the polarity is correct (cut the tabs to a correct length if they extend too far through the circuit board)
• Solder the battery tabs being careful not to short the electrical circuitry as the batteries are electrically LIVE at this point
• Re-install the circuit board and other parts following the procedure in the reverse order (be sure to put a soft rubber pad over the motor to hold it firmly in place when the upper case half is snapped in place)
• Before installing the metal retaining clips be sure that the rubber boot is fully free and not pinched between the case halves
• Finalize the assembly by reinstalling the cutters and screen
Posted on Aug 24, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 18, 2010 | Remington ES-1000 Electric Shaver
Dec 04, 2010 | Remington Titanium Microflex R-950...
Nov 28, 2010 | Remington MS5500 Electric Shaver
Oct 04, 2010 | Health & Beauty
Oct 02, 2010 | Remington Titanium MicroScreen MS3-2700...
Sep 25, 2010 | Remington Health & Beauty
May 31, 2010 | Remington MicroScreen 3-3000 Electric...
Feb 07, 2010 | Remington Microflex R-845 Electric Shaver
May 25, 2009 | Remington R-9190 Electric Shaver
715 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: