Only used a couple of times. Brand New 2 months old. When u turn on the printer it says The following ink tank cannont be recognized. And show the M. I have taken out the cartriage, shook rubbed and done whatever be wont be recognised. Any help would be great, thanks Ant
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: Canon MP610 Anthony
Have you tried replacing the cartridge? It may not be empty, but it could be defective (it happens once in a while). However, IF a new cartridge doesn't fix it, I honestly would pack it up and return to the store you bought it from...
If they still have them in stock, just ask for an even-exchange -- offering to let the store keep anything from the box that you didn't bring with you so that they can then return it to their vendor without penalty. That way, they'll be more inclined to accommodate your request (believe me, I know; I managed computer and office supply stores for over 10 yrs and this was exactly how I satisfied a customer issue like this.)
If they are dumb enough to not help you, you'll have to deal with it through Canon -- but they'll replace it for you.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Here's the way to change ink in the MP610. Its pretty straightforward, and I have tried to give you pretty comprehensive instructions below. However, you can download the instruction manual for the MP610 off their website if you still have trouble after reading the following:
Instructions for when ink tank runs out of ink in Canon Pixma MP610
1. Open Paper Output tray
(finger fits in rounded indent in the Paper Output tray--open gently
2. Make sure machine is on and lift the Scanning Unit cover which will uncover the ink tanks. Once unit is opened the print head holder will move to the center automatically.
3. When/if you leave the scanner unit open for a while, the print head holder will move back to the right, but you can move it to the center as in the action described in 2 by repeating the opening of the scanner lid sequence. Whatever you do, DON'T move it yourself if it doesn't come into the center automatically. Do wait until the ink tank holder stops!
4. Open the inner cover and remove the empty ink tank(s) the empty one/ones will be flashing fast-(red light) so it will be easy to see which one to remove. If you have more than one empty tank to replace, make sure to do them one at a time.
5. Removing the packaging from the new tank by peeling off the orange tape in the direction of the arrow and make sure it is completely off and then.remove the orange protective cap.
6. Snap the new tank in place so it is in the same position as the one you just removed. The ink lamp will light up red when you press down firmly on the little square icon and you will also hear it snap into place.
7. Follow the same steps as in 5 and 6 for each additional tank you need to replace.
8. When you have replaced all the tanks with new ones, close the inner cover and then make sure to close the scanning unit cover.
The machine will automatically perform the print head cleaning cycle, so be patient. Once all the noise stops you are good to go!
U052 is the error code for a bad printhead, not a bad ink tank, so that is a little odd. First try another ink tank, even your old one. Are you using refilled ink tanks? I see a lot of odd problems with refilled ink. If a new tank doesn't work, you need a new printhead. It is user replaceable.
Try this take an old empty cartridge and mix some ink cleaning fluid into each of the tanks. Now take some alcohol and a Q--tip and wipe the heads on the contacts where the cartridge comes in contact with the printer head.
There are three contacts that control color and one that controls the black . Clean with the alcohol, wipe with a Kleenex or a dry q-tip lightly. Now lightly shake the used printerhead to mix the cleaner into the residual ink that remains in the Printer cartridge. Now once the the cartridge has bee reinstalled in your printer go through a printerhead cleaning and head alignment evolution. Instructions for this should be in your printer manual which is a drop down program on the Printer Program Main File Icon. Some printers will automatically set up this program on the screen in easy to follow steps. If this doesn't work its time to get a new printer , add it to your Christmas list.
This Canon ink tanks has a memory chip.Try clean this chip with piece of cotton and some alcohol.Clean the contacts on the print head too.Sometimes happen this chip going to fail and printer not recognize it respectively not recognized and ink cartridge.In worst case your print head may be defective.
I had the same problem. My mp630 is also only 4 months old. I replaced all colour ink cartrdiges(inc black), but was only able to release the function for detecting the ink levels for magenta and cyan. Yellow and black then started giving error message U043, with them alternating between working, but never working at the same time. Getting them all clicked in with the lights glowing red does not solve the problem, as once the printer cover is closed, the same error message turns up. The only thing that worked for me is moving the chip slightly out of alignment, by pushing the sliding chip holder, and I only had to do this twice before they all started working and the printer was unlocked.
My dad is having this same problem and has been for the last 5 months. It's not from the printer being new it's a defect in the engineering of the printer cartridge older. The yellow cartridge (being the middle) doesn't snugly fit and so it wiggles around losing it's connection with the printer. I fixed this by taking making tape and taping around the base of the cartridge. It's a tight fit and it doesn't disconnect itself ever. Hope this helps!