Ice/water dispenser not working but ice is being made
My name is Laura. We just bought this refrig. from a friend that had this for only a short period of time. It had only been used for refrigeration only. It still had all of the tape from the purchase. Our problem with the refrig. is that when we plugged up the refrig. the red light came on the water dispenser. We did not use it right then. When we tried to use it a few hours later the light button was depressed so we could see what we were doing and all of the dispenser lights went off and now the entire dispenser is not working. Also the inside cooling lights on the refrig. on the inside does not work either. This did work when it was installed. Does this mean that the dispenser fuse is out or something else? Please advise. Thanks for your help.
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Sometimes the ice will collect, melt, and freeze into a giant headache. If you have the one where you can get ice out of the holding bin inside the freezer, see if the ice bin will come apart from the rest of the dispenser. If it doesn't come easily, get as much ice out of the bin, get a wet vac ready and pour warm water on the ice. It will run through the dispenser. Once things come apart easily, you can take it over to sink and get rid of the ice blockage with warm water, let it dry, reinstall, and check to see if it works. Hope this helps.
The ice works off of a different solenoid than the water dispensor . So , I would suggest this action : At the bottom of the freezer door ( remove the kick plate ) , there will be a water line . Follow this line , about 6 " to a connector . Push in on the white ring and pull out the line , at the same time . Activate the water dispensor pad and see if water flows from the line under the refrig . If it does , then the line in the door is frozen . Either raise the freezer temp for several days , so the line in the door will thaw , or , I have heard using an air tank will blow the ice out of the line in the door . If no water comes from the line under the refrig , while activating the pad , then replace the water valve , behind the refrig , the piece the wall water line connects to on the refrig .
The refrig has 2 coils on 1 valve . 1 coil is for water dispensor and the other is for the ice maker . You need to replace the water valve behind the refrig . This is the piece that the wall water line connects to on the refrig .
Some refrig's , water goes to filter first , some thru water valve first and then the filter . On this model , it goes to the water valve first , then the filter .
1) never change the filter just because the light says to . Only replace when icecubes get small or when water flow from dispensor slows . A filter can last 6 mths- 1yr. and sometimes longer .
2) the resevoir is in the refrig section , behind the lower crispers
3) the water valve is probably the problem
1) remove the tubing connector behind refrig kickplate . Press for water . If no water comes from tube under refrig , then possibly frozen tank but probably not . Probably bad water inlet valve . ( tank is in the lower potrion of the refrig section behind the crispers ) .
2) if water does shoot out , then your freezer door is frozen which requires leaving door open and tapeing light switch closed and tape plastic around freezer section opening so fridge will continue to operate normally . Thawing freezer door could take a day or 2 . 3) You can plug the hoses back togather and walk by occasionally pressing water untill comes out . Lower your freezer temperature setting also ( could be set for too cold)
The same thing happened to me. If you pull the refrigerator out and remove the large silver panel, you will see the water lines on the left. The line going to the ice maker was fine, but the line going to the water dispenser was split. You may have the same issue.