Question about Televison & Video
Please could you provide unlock code for the above player to convert it to multi-region; Thank you
I also have this model and it took me a long time to find the solution. It turns out this model is actually an LG.
If you use the instructions for an lg-6000, it worked for me.
Here is a thread I found on another site:
I found a website (http://lgregionfree.tripod.com/) that has a different CD image for LG 6000 series players. I tried that and it works, my player is now set to region 0 and has played region 1, 2 and 4 discs.
Here is the process:
1) Download http://lgregionfree.tripod.com/6000.zip
2) Extract the ZIP file, which contains a Readme file and a directory named RMTM0000
3) Using a CD burning program, burn the RMTM0000 directory to a CDR, making sure to use the ISO9660 file system instead of the default Joliet. Finalize the disc.
3) Turn on the player and insert the disc. The Region Test Menu screen should appear.
4) On the remote, press your desired region (or 0 for regionfree), then press Enter then Pause.
5) Eject the CDR and turn the player off.
6) Turn the player back on and enjoy.
a) I did not need to wait a minute between region selection and pause.
b) On some players this hack causes the buttons on the player itself (not the remote) to stop working. I can confirm that on the XBV443 the player buttons continue to work.
Posted on Mar 16, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 11, 2017 | Thomson Televison & Video
Jan 10, 2017 | Sylvania Televison & Video
Jan 07, 2017 | Samsung Televison & Video
Jan 05, 2017 | Panasonic DVD-S27 DVD Player
Jan 03, 2017 | Televison & Video
Jan 02, 2017 | Zenith DVD5201 Multi-disc DVD Player
Jan 02, 2015 | Televison & Video
May 08, 2014 | Televison & Video
Jun 26, 2012 | Televison & Video
Jul 19, 2009 | Televison & Video
430 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!