When I do a noise test I get no sound out of the woofer. I am getting no bass from the woofer
These are "decent" quality 5.1 speakers, usually without any trouble.
to your question, you will not have 5.1 "surround sound" effect with
standard sound card, standard sound card will provide only three
speakers sound, rear speakers will not connect but bass should be hear. Please switvh power off to the speakers and disconnect all cables from spaekers and connect them for best quality as follows:
1. Audio from PC, orange, green and black connecting to front right speaker.
2. DB15 (D-SUB) connecting to subwoofer, subwoofer is serving as mixer, power board, amplifier and connection box, control pod is just cable connection to it
3. Connect all cables to they respective speakers
Establish location of the speakers, from experience, in ideal world:
1. Sub should be on about your knee level or below, about twice your hight from you.
2. Front centre speaker should be about some distance as sub or bit closer on front and slightly above your head.
Front left and right speakers should be at about 45degree from your
axis, at distance of about 1.5 your hight and on the level of your head
or slightly below.
4. Rear left and right speakers should be located
similiary to front speakers, on they level or slightly above them,
again, about 45degree from your axis.
Location of the speakers is
more actually important than it is assumed, total sound immersion is
not possible without proper speakers installation. Head in these
instruction meant a location of your head while you are listening to
your music or recording not while you are standing.
hang them higher than your head in four corners of your room, front
centre higher than sides, woofer lower than sides and below front
centre, if they interfere with each other - increase the distance. I
After speakers are connected:
1. Plug power cord in,
2. Turn all sounds totally down, including subwoofer
Increase sound on PC to maximum, let play any known to you music,
tufftuff or bach, whatever, do not bother with metallica as you cannot
discredit on it correct levels.
4. Increase subwoofer volume, holding one hand on the front of the grill till you get some vibration from it
5. Increase sound on centre speaker, then on sides front speakers till you achieve equality of the sound
6. Decrease sound volume on your PC to about 60% - 70%
7. Increse subwoofer volume till you feel sound on your hand in front of the speaker.
8. Increase sound volume on front/rear speakers as required.
that short intro solved all your speaker problems, enjoy! if you
require any additional help, do not hesitate to answer to this post with
Aug 12, 2010 |
Logitech G51 5.1 Multimedia Surround Sound...