Question about Memorex MMP8567 MP3 Player
I continue to get error message when attempting to sync new music to MP3 player. I have already downloaded a little music already (not full), but now I can't. Need some help. Thanks.
I had a similar problem with my daughter's mp3 player, here is how I was able to fix it:
1. download the firmware software from here
2. unzip & install the software from step 1.
3. remove the battery from your mp3 player
4. start the software
5. hold down the play/pause button while attaching the mp3 player (via usb cable) to your computer
6. once the software's button labeled "start" is activated you can set down the mp3 player (you don't need to hold the play/pause button anymore).
7. check the box to format your data area (this will remove the mp3s, but is needed to get this to work properly again)
8. Click start and follow the on screen instructions
This worked for me... also, make sure your directory names + filenames are not overly long as this seems to be part of what is causing this problem.
Posted on Feb 25, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 17, 2008 | Emerson MP530 MP3 Player
Nov 27, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
Oct 19, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa Clip MP3 Player
Jun 13, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa c200 MP3 Player
Apr 04, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa c250 (2 GB) MP3 Player...
Jan 11, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
Dec 27, 2007 | SanDisk Sansa e260 MP3 Player
Dec 25, 2007 | RCA H100 MP3 Player
Nov 22, 2007 | Samsung YP-U2X Digital Media Player
91 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: