Question about Acer Aspire 5100 Notebook
Sounds like a keyboard problem, huh?
1. Make sure that there are no keys stuck down. In this case, I'd pay particular attention to the space and arrow keys. Make sure that they feel like each one is working right and that they all sound the same when operated.
2. With the power off- open the laptop up and set it on it's side on a firm surface. Give it a couple of sharp raps on the tabletop. This will tend to knock loose any foreign material that might be stuck under the keys. If you feel uncomfortable about doing this, you could remove the hard drive before taking this action. In fact, that would probably be a good idea.
3. Using a can of air and a good brush, blow around an under all of the keys and use the brush to clean out the keyboard as well as you can.
4. You might want to try reseating the keyboard cable.
5. Check and clean the area of the touchpad and mouse buttons.
6. I have seen this happen because of things like cookie crumbs or dried soda (Gets real sticky when it drys) having gotten into the area of the keyboard and/or touchpad.
If these things don't work, get back to me and I'll see what other ideas I can dig up for you.
Have a super day!
Posted on Feb 23, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 30, 2014 | Acer Aspire PC Laptops
May 02, 2013 | PC Laptops
Dec 30, 2012 | Dell PC Laptops
Jul 08, 2012 | Sony VAIO VGN-A690 Notebook
Jan 30, 2011 | Dell Latitude E5500 Laptop
Oct 21, 2010 | Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
May 15, 2010 | PC Laptops
Jun 10, 2009 | Dell Latitude D820 Notebook
63 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: