Question about Archos 605 WiFi Digital Media Player
Bought new and cannot use as start screen requests an update for recovery 104
Same issue on my Archos 605 wifi 4GB
The Repair didn't work so here's what I did.
1) connected via USB and got all my Picture, Videos and Music to a safe place.
2) Downloaded firmware update.
fouund it here - http://www.downloadplex.com/Drivers/Firmware/Archos/Download-Archos-605-Wifi-4GB-Firmware-2.1.04_109044.html
3. Copied update to root of archos drive and rebooted
4. Archoes installed the update and rebooted and came up to desktop again
5. reinstalled plugins (thank god I saved them) copied plug-in to root.
6. Back on the road again
Posted on Feb 18, 2009
Try the steps below:
1. Select 2nd option "Repair" or 3rd "Format the disk"
2. Connect 605 to PC using USB wire and find the Driver named "a605" or similar words
3. Copy a firmware to the ROOT directory on the driver mentioned above
4. Keep the USB connected and select "OK" on 605
5. Re-calibrate the screen under Display menu on 605.
Hope Everything is ok.
Posted on Mar 22, 2008
Just a little FYI: hotlyq's solution works just fine, but the firmware file needs to be name exactly as it is downloaded. I downloaded both OSv188.8.131.52 and OSv184.108.40.206 firmwares to the same folder on my PC. Obviously enough I had to give them different names on the disk, I tried both and neither worked. It turns out the recovery system will not use any firmware unless it is named "firmware_a605f.aos". So if you're like me, copy the firmware over to the root of the USB-drive and then rename to firmware_a605f.aos.
Posted on Aug 27, 2008
Get update first have ready,on archos go to format disk it will then show the drive on your computer open and drag the update in the window.Do not put in folders of music,pictures or movies by itself only.Eject and OK button on archos and your good to go.
Posted on Sep 03, 2009
I have this problem > recovery (code 104)
Posted on Nov 30, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 17, 2011 | Archos 405 Digital Media Player
May 17, 2010 | Archos 405 Digital Media Player
Jul 29, 2009 | Archos 605 WiFi Digital Media Player
Jun 07, 2009 | Archos 605 Wifi Portable Multimedia Player
Mar 20, 2009 | Archos 605 WiFi Digital Media Player
Mar 19, 2009 | Archos 605 WiFi Digital Media Player
Jan 14, 2009 | Archos 405 Digital Media Player
Jan 07, 2009 | Archos 605 WiFi Digital Media Player
Dec 27, 2008 | Archos 405 Digital Media Player
6,236 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!