- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hold the power button down continually until it shuts off. After a few seconds, try turning it back on. Mine has pulled a few tricks like that.......Mine last year automatically changed a command in the boot sequence and I had to take it to a friend to get it figured out.
If your laptop appears to boot up and the hard disk LEDflashes, then the problem is probably a back light fault. This can be a faultyinverter or a faulty CCFL lamp. Please click on this link and follow myinstructions to identify the fault and possible fix :- http://www.fixya.com/support/r3598095-faulty_laptop_lcd_screen
sounds like you may have an intermittent memory problem try a diagnostic cd like ultimate boot cd other possibilities are bad power supply or motherboard issue.but since you didn't say sometimes when you hit the button nothing happens.i will guess it's not power supply.eliminate.memory cpu hardrive issues first then we'll go from there.
Try this, if you have a fast hand, the second it boots, push Ctrl+Shift+Esc and end taskeng.exe. If you can't do it fast enough, try booting into safe mode, going to scheduled tasks, and removing any suspicious ones. If you don't know how to boot to safe mode, push f8 until you see a screen which allows you to choose safe mode.
If you haven't tried it yet, pull the battery out and try booting from the adaptor only.
If it boots normally, then your battery pack may be bad (shorted cell) or the regulator that has the job of charging and monitoring the battery pack while keeping your system running may not be healthy.
If you own any multimeter (at the cost of Chinese DMMs, everyone should own one), check the battery pack for charge.
Under normal conditions, they should measure a couple of percent higher than their rating.
You will have either Lithium Ion or Nickle metal hydride batteries in the pack so should measure some multiple of the nominal cell voltage of one of those types that are respectively 3.6 & 1.2 volts.