I have an HP Photosmart A646 printer that I bought in the hopes of printing to 5x7 card stock. We have pre-printed card stock that we use for gift certificates and we need to be able to feed the card stock...
Thanks for visiting FixYa!
Depending on the program you are using to print your gift certificates, try this-
1) Open the program and open the file you use for your gift certificate.
2) Click on 'Layout' then 'Page Set Up' (probably found in the top menu bar by the right side of, FILE.)
3) Select 'Landscape' and then select, 'Custom'.
4) Enter 5x7 for height and width.
5) Enter the information you need in the data field, (ie, name address, etc.)
6) Select, Print.
7) When the 'Print Manager' box opens, click on, 'Properties'.
8) Click on, 'Type' and choose, "Envelope'.
9) Click on, 'Size' and choose 5x7. - and click, OK.
Your printer should have a slide where the paper is inserted. Place one of the 5x7 cards in the slot just as you would an envelope and slide the slider until it is 'close' to the card but not directly against the card.
Click, 'Print'. The printer should recognize the card (due to its thickness) as an envelope and print it.
Mar 19, 2011 |
Printers & Copiers