Question about AOpen AK77-8XN Motherboard
I installed a SATA pci host card on my Aopen AK77-8XN because there are no SATA sockets on this motherboard. When I boot, the SATA drive is recognized, however the next screen gives me the options to boot to safe mode, boot windows normally, last known configuration, etc. When I choose an option the computer locks up and will not continue. I have been in the BIOS to check boot sequence, and I have tried all combinations with no success. I have an Athlon XP 2600+ processor running Windows XP Professional SP2, 1.5GB of RAM and a 550 watt power supply. The latest Bios is installed. Please help.
1. Unplug the SATA drive and see if you get a desktop then.
2. If so, then go to hardware/device and look for PCI sata card.
3. If it is listed, check the details, copy down and post here.
4. If it is not listed, see if it is listed under computer management/hardware/devices or in the "problem device" or "conflicts" tabs. Post any mention here.
5. While I wait for your reply/you wait for me to catch it, you should also try switching the card to another PCI slot. Sometimes, with new technology added to older boards, the slot ID is important.
Posted on Feb 24, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
test all leads that attach to your hard drive including electrical extensions SATA
the leads from your ((motherboard to your hard drive)) Sata make sure they have a secure connections and are not faulty or just replace them they could be faulty
make sure all leads that are attached to your drives dvd\cd have secure connections and are not faulty or just replace them they could be faulty ?
even something as small as an electrical extension or a faulty fan lead can cause this problem
a computer needs all of the data and electrical current to travel through every working device and to have an end for a computer to be able work properly
make sure your graphics card is securely seated with no dust in its socket
if you physically remove your graphics to check the socket card restart your computer this should activate found new hardware wizard
hope this helps
Sep 19, 2011 | AOpen AX4SG-UN Motherboard
Aug 14, 2011 | Intel Motherboard
Jun 03, 2011 | ASUS motherboard P5S-MX SE LGA775 SiS671FX...
Mar 01, 2011 | ASUS P4B533 Motherboard
Oct 11, 2009 | Motherboards
Sep 14, 2009 | EliteGroup ECS PT880Pro-A (1.0A) Via...
82 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!