Went to turn on my stereo, OVERLOAD displays. I power off, power back on, OVERLOAD appears. I unplugged the reciever, waited 10 or so plugged back in, STILL getting OVERLOAD message? Can anyone offer any solutions to this? So frustrating!
Cracked solder joints due to excessive heat cycling. Do not place in a shelf system. Top MUST be open for 1 ft. or better for proper convective cooling effect. Mine suffered same fate but repaired locally.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: Overload on Technics SA DA10
This is an old message so you may not be interested any more.
There are a couple of possibilities; the high power of this unit seems to fry speakers fairly often and although they mostly fail 'open,' they can overheat causing the voice coil to lose its insultation and cause a short instead.
This may also be caused by the failure of one or more output modules causing the power supply to limit and give you the overload indication.
If an output module has failed and the unit is not limiting current, it may destroy speakers too.
Some knowledge and a decent meter would reveal the nature of the failure pretty quickly but describing the steps necessary to troubleshoot this is a little beyond the scope of this forum.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Is there anything on top of the av receiver? Try and run the reciever so that it has enough cooling. B) Allthough overload, there is a possibillity it is causes by speakercables who are shortcircuiting once in a while. Usually somewhere at the back of the reciever or speakers.
Ahh technics. Technics always had overheating problems, trust me. Every since they started, their amps would get so hot they would hurt to touch. The reason the fan is not coming on seams to be something inside the circuit board. I'm sure that technics could fix this. If the fan works out of the receiver, then it must not be the fan. ;P
I would maybe get a computer fan, and just put it on top of the receiver and turn it on, or send it in for fixing. Also, do you have to crank the volume to get the speakers to play at your volume, and does the impeadence match the receiver. Because you may be pushing the receiver too hard.
Check the fan connections at the back. The connections (just two flimsy metal prongs) came apart (I believe), so I have had to re-enforce them with electrical tape so the connections stay together until I investigate a further replacement fan. For now the connections are extremely sensitive to motion/viberation/impact/etc... but it does work now.
I have a Technics SA DA20 control receiver. I was given it by an electronics workshop and it has this same error of OVERLOAD coming into the display when switched on. I removed the plates from underneath and re-soldered as far as I could all the points along the stereo amplifier ICs and as far as access would allow. The unit then worked normally for several hours. I was very pleased, and went out shopping!. But on my return after it had been off for about an hour, the same problem has come back. But my boss at the electornics workshop thinks it it just a dry joint, or series of dry joints. The unit is complex to dismantle, so patience and care is required in taking it apart and making a note or diagram of how it comes to pieces and how to re-assemble it after the board has been re-soldered. It does not appear to be a component problem or fault with the SVI power amplifier ICs. firstname.lastname@example.org