Question about Dell A940 All-In-One InkJet Printer
To fix the Paper jam issue please try the steps below:
To fix the paper Jam errors please try the following steps:
1. Confirm that no foreign materials are inside the machine.
2. Confirm that usable paper is set.
3. Confirm that the paper is set properly.
4. Confirm that recommended paper is used, and the number of sheets set does not exceed the required limit. 5. Confirm that the paper trey Guides are ste in such a way that it is equal to the size of the paper, it should be set exat to fit the paper.
5. Disconnect the printer power cord as well as the printer cable form the printer.
6. Turn the printer upside down and shake the printer in order to remove any obstacle which is stuck inside the printer causing the paper jam error.
Open the printer cover and remove the cartridges and check carefully if there is any small piece of paper which is stuck inside, if so remove it carefully.
7. Disconnect the printer power cord and press and hold the power button on the printer for about 15 to 20 seconds( this will release the flee power) and reconnect the printer and check.
If the above mentioned steps do not fix the issue please up-grade the printer firmware form the Support.dell.com web site. However make sure that you do not turn off either your printer or computer when you are downloading and installing the printer firmware.
Should you require any further assistance regarding the printer or even for any other computer related issue please feel free to contact me I will be more than glad to assist you.
Posted on Feb 24, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 29, 2012 | Printers & Copiers
Oct 15, 2012 | Lexmark X73 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Oct 05, 2010 | HP Officejet 6310 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 15, 2010 | Epson Stylus C83 InkJet Printer
Mar 21, 2010 | HP Deskjet F340 All-In-One Printer
Jun 21, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP190 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 14, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP460 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 11, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP460 All-In-One InkJet...
111 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!