a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I hope this will help you :)
* Green Power light flashes- The printer is receiving a print job, replacing an ink cartridge, charging ink, or cleaning the print head.
* RED paper light is On- If the CD/DVD try guide is open, close the CD/DVD tray guide, load paper, then press the paper button.
Your paper ran out or multiple sheets loaded at the same time . Load paper and press the paper butoon to resume printing.
* RED paper light flashes- Paper is jammed in the printer. Press the paper button to eject the jammed paper. If the light is still flashing , open the cover and remove all paper, including any jammed or torn pieces. Then reload paper and press the paper button to continue printing.
* RED Ink Light Flashes - One or more cartridges are low on ink. Check the message that appears on your screen to determine which cartridge is low, or follow the instructions in " Checking the Ink Supply". Make sure you have a replacement cartridge.
* RED Ink Light is ON- One or more cartridges are out of ink or not installed. If you have just installed a new cartridge, it may be incomaptible with the printer or incorrectly installed. Reinstall it or replace it with the correct cartridge
* RED Ink and RED paper lights flash alternately- The CD/DVD tray guide was left open when you turned on the printer or when printing on paper. Just simply close it/
* Green Power Light is Off; RED paperand RED Ink Lights flashing- Paper may be blocking movement of the print head. Turn off the printer, then open the cover and remove any jammed paper or other foreign objects. Turn the printer back on again. Or it may have an internal error. Turn off the printer, wait a few seconds, then turn it on again.
There are actually some certain meaning on the red light and green
light showing different information to user. The summaries are: 1) Green On, Red Off = Printer Ready. 2) Green Fast-Flashing, Red Fast-Flashing = Printer warm up. 3) Green Fast-Flashing, Red Off = Printer off-line. 4) Green Slow-Flashing, Red Off = Processing Data. 5) Green Off, Red On = Cover Opened, Toner Empty or Developer Unit / Drum unit missing. 6) Green Off, Red Fast-Flashing = Paper Jam or waiting for jam reset. 7) Green Off, Red Slow-Flashing = Paper Empty or Paper tray is not inserted. 8) Green Off, Red Off = Printer power is off. 9) Green Very-Slow-Flashing, Red Off = Printer in sleep mode. 10) Green (any condition above), Red Slow-Flashing = Toner low or paper empty.
So what is your printer condition? Better know what is going on your printer so can solve the problem.
If a paper jam occurs while printing, the printer notifies it by the following combination of the four indicators. Remove the
jammed paper . After removal, open and close the top cover once to initialize the jam sensing
I have to open the front panel as though I were going to replace the toner cartridge, but, instead I pull out the toner reclamation cartridge (the gray "L" shaped one to the left of the cyan cartridge) and then put it back in. This has cleared it each time for me.
There is either a paper jam or the printer thinks there is a paper jam, which could be a problem with the door interlock switch or the printer not recognizing the toner cartridge. It could also mean an issue with the formatter card.
Open the toner door, remove the cartridge, and take a look inside at the paper-clip like springs which make contact with the metal contacts on the toner cartridge. Sometimes they can get bent on one side or bent down and not make contact with the cartridge. Straighten it out if it looks suspicious and reinsert the cartridge and see if the light goes away. Press in hard on the toner door to make sure the door interlock is working. If the motor turns when you first power on or when you open and close the toner door, the sensors and flags are probably in the right position, so it is probably not a jam issue. If the motor does not turn, then the sensor or flags might be an issue. The most common is the exit center in front of the fuser in the back.