- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Sounds like print cartridge collided with paper. Open both covers. Try to remove paper carefully without damaging print cartridge. you may need to remove print cartridges to get paper out. Then close every thing without print cartridge in. Reopen covers reinstall print cartridge/s, hopefully, everything returns to normal. It will probably say something about going through the process of realignment.
I hope this will help you :)
* Green Power light flashes- The printer is receiving a print job, replacing an ink cartridge, charging ink, or cleaning the print head.
* RED paper light is On- If the CD/DVD try guide is open, close the CD/DVD tray guide, load paper, then press the paper button.
Your paper ran out or multiple sheets loaded at the same time . Load paper and press the paper butoon to resume printing.
* RED paper light flashes- Paper is jammed in the printer. Press the paper button to eject the jammed paper. If the light is still flashing , open the cover and remove all paper, including any jammed or torn pieces. Then reload paper and press the paper button to continue printing.
* RED Ink Light Flashes - One or more cartridges are low on ink. Check the message that appears on your screen to determine which cartridge is low, or follow the instructions in " Checking the Ink Supply". Make sure you have a replacement cartridge.
* RED Ink Light is ON- One or more cartridges are out of ink or not installed. If you have just installed a new cartridge, it may be incomaptible with the printer or incorrectly installed. Reinstall it or replace it with the correct cartridge
* RED Ink and RED paper lights flash alternately- The CD/DVD tray guide was left open when you turned on the printer or when printing on paper. Just simply close it/
* Green Power Light is Off; RED paperand RED Ink Lights flashing- Paper may be blocking movement of the print head. Turn off the printer, then open the cover and remove any jammed paper or other foreign objects. Turn the printer back on again. Or it may have an internal error. Turn off the printer, wait a few seconds, then turn it on again.
Try counting the number of orange flashes. * two flashes means you’re out of paper or the paper is not feeding correctly. * three flashes means there is a paper Jam or the output tray is closed. * four flashes means the ink tank is empty * five flashes means the print head is not installed correctly or not installed or is defective (before buying a new print head always try the cleaning instructions at the end of this post first.) * six flashes means the inner cover is open or not closed properly. * seven flashes means you counted wrong..... * eight flashes means the waste ink absorber is almost full or full. * nine flashes mean that a digital camera or video that is connected is not compatible with the printer. If a specific amount of time lapses without getting a response from the digital camera or video camcorder this will happen. * ten flashes means it can not print to both sides of the page * eleven flashes means the automatic print head alignment failed. (this can be caused by low ink levels, ink tanks not being installed correctly, the print heads being clogged. It can also be caused by the paper output slot being exposed to a strong light source (Press the resume /cancel button and move the printer to a darker location and try to align the print head again. * check to make sure the lock lever is correctly positioned (down) If the above does not work, align the print head manually by opening the printer properties dialog box and clicking the maintenance tab and then select the print heal alignment button on the left side, second row down.
When you cleared the JAM you broke, moved, displaced or bent the sensor that knows if the door is open, look for a sensor with two wires where the door makes contact - it could be almost any style but is usually something that slips into something and makes a contact closure or microswitch to close or open.
A permanently on red light can mean several things. If the green light is also ON, it means that you heve no paper loaded, an empty or faulty ink cartridge, or a jammed paper feed. I presume you have loaded paper. You say you have changed the ink cartridges. Note that BOTH cartridges must have ink for the printer to work. The simplest way to check this, or to check for a faulty cartridge, is to try another new set of cartridges - compatible cartridges are very cheap on EBay - about £3 a set in the UK.
To check for jammed paper, remove the paper from the sheet feeder and look carefully inside it, and inside the printer (lift the lid) for scraps of jammed paper. Remove any you see. Press the ink/paper feed button and see if it goes through a paper feed cycle. Reinsert the paper and try it again. If it works, turn the printer off and on again, and it should now be OK.
If the green light is OFF, it means you have a Carriage problem, i.e. something is fouling the print head when it tries to go from side to side. Check this with manual movement. Turn the printer off. After a few seconds, turn it back on again. As soon as the print head moves, pull the power cord out of the back of the printer. You should now be able to move the print head across to the left side (gently!) by hand, then move it back to the right and see if it will go fully into its parking bay at the right hand end. You should be able to tell if someting is hindering its movement anywhere.
Please report back with a new comment if none of this solves the problem.
There are actually some certain meaning on the red light and green
light showing different information to user. The summaries are: 1) Green On, Red Off = Printer Ready. 2) Green Fast-Flashing, Red Fast-Flashing = Printer warm up. 3) Green Fast-Flashing, Red Off = Printer off-line. 4) Green Slow-Flashing, Red Off = Processing Data. 5) Green Off, Red On = Cover Opened, Toner Empty or Developer Unit / Drum unit missing. 6) Green Off, Red Fast-Flashing = Paper Jam or waiting for jam reset. 7) Green Off, Red Slow-Flashing = Paper Empty or Paper tray is not inserted. 8) Green Off, Red Off = Printer power is off. 9) Green Very-Slow-Flashing, Red Off = Printer in sleep mode. 10) Green (any condition above), Red Slow-Flashing = Toner low or paper empty.
So what is your printer condition? Better know what is going on your printer so can solve the problem.
Remove all the cartridges and the paper from the printer...Power off the printer...unplugg the power cable from the back of the printer...while printer is unplugged from the power..press n hold the power button for atleast 60 seconds then release it..open the back door of the printer and look for any paper jam...remove paper from behind (if any) and roll the rollers in upward direction from behind..close the back door and connect the power cable to the printer and power on the printer..Look for the cartridge slots and clean it wid a lynt free cloth and the copper contacts of the cartridges as well...then insert only one cartridge (black or color) and close the cartridge door and check for any blinking lights on the printer...similarily repeat it with the other cartridge..by this u wud get to know if any cartridge is faulty? If u get blinking lights on the printer ...that means there is some problem,,,
Once you see the steady green light on the power..it means the printer is ready..You can also print a test page..."Press n Hold the power button down...while holding the power button down...either press "Down Arrow button" 4 Times OR "Red X button once"...then release the Power button to print the test print..
If it prints ..u r the master !!!
Best of luck
Remember if there is any blinking light,,the printer wont prin..
if the light blinks around the drops..it means there is cartridge issue and you may even replace the cartridges..make sure u remove the pink tape carefully before inserting the cartridges.