Question about Fellowes DM15C Shredder
My staples spl-1506X turns itself off and on in auto mode
Posted on Mar 14, 2008
Call us at Fellowes Customer Service 1-800-945-4545 On Monday between 7am and 7pm Central Standard Time
Posted on Feb 23, 2008
SOURCE: Paper will not feed into machine
Most likely the sensor in the insertion area is not recognizing a paper when you try to insert it to be shredded.
Try to clean out the gears, and oil the grinders.
Clean around the insertion area to remove any debris from around the sensor. (Be sure to turn it off/unplug it first!).
If you can remove the shredder head/grinders from the body of the shredder box, turn it upside down and clean it that way as well.
Sometimes the little pieces of paper get clogged up inside the gears.
I got some of the dust spray with the straw...inserted the straw deep into the shredder grinder/gears and sprayed. I got tons of stuff out.
My motor/grinder worked perfect after I did all this.
Posted on Oct 30, 2007
SOURCE: Shredder won't grab paper
there has to be something in the path.
once you put the paper in it triggers a sensor that rotates the blades and grabs the paper there is nothing else in between the entrance and the blades. get a flash light and lok in to see what is blocking the path.
unless there are some paper in between the teeth /blades, that need to be cleaned out.
Posted on Sep 05, 2008
I had the same problem with my Novitech Model: PS-026/B2 only working in reverse but not forward. So I decided to take it apart and see if I could find any loose wires, broken parts etc. Keep in mind I am not a paper shredder mechanic, but I was able to fix it, at least for the time being, and here is how:
1. Unplug the machine, and I mean it. Make sure you unplug the machine before you start any fixin'. Unplug the machine!
2. I unscrewed the 7 screws located at the bottom of the case
3. I carefully separated the cases and made sure I did not allow any tension on the few wires that span the case halves
4. With the can of electronics duster I use for my computer keyboard, I sprayed all of the electric contacts, making sure I did not spray any of the grease at the gears. I poked the straw in all of the switch housings and the motor.
5. If you feel a little adventurous, you can remove the 6 screws that hold the cover and safety switch in place. At this point pay attention to how the safety switch arm is positioned ( take a picture if you have to) so it will be in the correct position during assembly. Remove the cover and look for anything that could be caught in the shredders. Remove any foreign matter with tweezers or needle nose pliers. Replace the safety switch and cover, make sure the switch arm is in the same position before you took it apart.
6. Put the two case halves together making sure there are no wires pinched inbetween. Put the seven screws back where they belong and tighten snugly ( do not over tighten cause you will break the plastic, guaranteed!)
7. Place the machine on the waste bucket and plug it in. And voila the motor should start buzzing and humming like it was brand new.
Posted on Mar 22, 2009
SOURCE: UNJAM MY EMBASSY TS 60 SHREDDER
You have to remove the top cover. Look under the top and remove screws. Gently lift top and do not stress the connecting harness. carefully remove paper shreds. Unplug of course!!
Posted on Jul 22, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 11, 2014 | Fellowes DM8C Cross-Cut Shredder
Dec 13, 2010 | Fellowes W11C Confetti-Cut Shredder
Nov 06, 2010 | Fellowes W11C Confetti-Cut Shredder
May 24, 2010 | Royal VF1000MX Shredder
Sep 05, 2008 | Fellowes PS60C-2 Shredder
Mar 13, 2008 | Achiever CCS5000 Shredder
Feb 07, 2008 | Techko SH1524CP Shredder
Jan 08, 2008 | Winsource Tech Solutions TS-4500 Cross-Cut...
734 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: