- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You should be able to do a channel search and come across the inputs either at the upper end or the lower end of the channel search. Using the channels on the TV itself, not cable or satellite, scroll through the channels until the desired input is found. Once on the desired input open the DVD player and insert a DVD and close the drawer. The DVD should start to play automatically. When it gets to the place on the DVD to actually "play movie" press the select/enter button on the remote. As for the replacement remote I would get a universal remote. They are far fairer in price than an original replacement remote and every bit as reliable. Just make sure to take the model of your TV/DVD player with you to make sure the remote you purchase is compatible. You probably need to go no further than your local hardware store or department store. Save on the shipping too. However if you are set on getting the original remote here is a place http://www.orion.newremotecontrol.com/catalog_item.php?catnum=076R0DT090 they also sell a few generic remotes for a few dollars less.
These Orions and the Emerson units built by Orion all revert back to set up after being unplugged for a given length of time. The situation can be rectified on the front panel without the use of remote. Please forgive if this seems over-simplified:
1. Turn on the set.
2. When screen appears push "FF" or "REW" button to select the desired language.
3. Push "PLAY" to move the arrow down to "Auto Preset".
4. "FF" to engage the auto channel programming.
5. When the set is done auto-programming the menu will clear and you use the set normally.