Question about Exercise & Fitness
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Pro form 995 motor won't turn on
You must do the following:
1) You must check the receptacle wall, for 115volts AC,60hz
2) If Not voltage 115 Vac, check breaker or fuse from the Panel( Main) or Sub-Panel for that circuit.
3) If there are 115 Vac, so proceed with the wires of the plugs, retigh conection and see if the contact of the plug is clean or oxide, ( clean with ethilic alcohol 100%) .
4) Check the Main button if there Voltage use the VOM( Voltimeter) , after check the push button Start , clean this .
5) If not work, check the relais and clean with ethilic alcohol 100% in the Board Controller, after check the Breaker.
6) If everything is o.k now proceed to Start the Motor.
7) In short proceed Step by Step with the logic for Troubleshooting.
Please reply is everything is o.k or you need more assistance, Sincerely . God bless you.
Posted on Sep 05, 2011
You have to check the Driver circuit board for the motor. There is motor control IGBT (Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor) in this board .If the IGBT is short then the treadmill will try to run without setting any value or witout pressing the start button. You have to check the OHMS between the seocnd and third of lead of the IGBT. If it shows less than 100 Ohms then the IGBT is short and you have to replace the same. Also you have to check the connection to the control pannel. Is there is any loose conatct. Remove the connection in the motor control board which go to the control pannel and reconnect it. Also check the speed sensor. In most of the treadmill you can find the speed sensor near the motor pully. Remove the speed sensor and clean it and the refix it. Remember one thing remove the power of the treadmill and leave it for 30 minutes then only oppen the treadmill. Because there is high voltage storage capacitors in the motor control board which will hold charge for some time even after the power is disconnected. i ahve added the picture of IGBT for your refference.
Posted on Sep 11, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 23, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Jan 22, 2013 | Proform 980 CS Treadmill
May 24, 2012 | Honda Motorcycles
Apr 03, 2012 | Proform Exercise & Fitness
Sep 26, 2011 | Casio FX-115ES Scientific Calculator
Apr 30, 2011 | Bajaj Pulsar 150 Motorcycles
Nov 28, 2010 | Sport & Outdoor - Others
Jan 27, 2010 | Proform Cycling
Sep 28, 2009 | Exercise & Fitness
99 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!