Question about Nintendo DS Lite Console
Suddenly will not power on. Even when being charged the light will not come on.
The orange light going on when plugged in then immediately turning off again is usually a battery issue, try cleaning up the contacts on both the battery compartment and the battery itself, use either a cotton bud and a dab of white spirit (or any other alcohol based solvent) or scratch them to a shine with a sharp blade.
If that doesnt work buy yourself a new battery, they are very cheap on ebay... if you want to be sure its the battery see if you can borrow someone elses battery just to test if that solves it.
Get back to me with your findings and if what I suggest doesnt resolve your issue I will continue to help until we sort it out.
Posted on Feb 10, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Your battery has been depleted past a chargable state. This is a due to a bad design in the phone that doesn't monitor the battery power state well enough. It actually allows the battery to be taken under the minimum amount needed to recharge the battery.
You can fix this, but do so at your own risk.
You can simply purchase a new battery, that will work, just been sure not to let it deplete the battery totally anymore.
Now, on to the fix
-Take out the battery.
-Get any usb cable you can find sitting around. (any usb wire will do, an old printer cable, anything with a usb end that can plug into your computer)
-cut one end of the plug off. You need to leave the side on that connects to your computer. Cut off the side that plugs into a device (printer, camera, web cam, etc)
-Strip the rubber off the wire and expose the wires inside.
-Separate the wires from each other. You will only be using the BLACK and RED wires.
-strip the very end of the black and red wires carefully using a wire cutter exposing the metal wire inside the red and black covering.
-Plug in your home made battery charger to your computer. Careful not to touch any exposed metal, as it will give you a small shock.
DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES ALLOW THE RED AND BLACK WIRE TO TOUCH EACH OTHER
-now carefully hold the black wire to the negative terminal on the battery (it should be noted with a black circle with a - in the middle). Then touch the red wire to the positive terminal (it will be noted with a red circle with a + in the middle).
Hold the 2 wires there for 20 seconds. Then quickly plug the battery back into the phone, and then plug it into a regular charger. Give it little bit of time, if you've done everything correctly the charge light should come on.
I had to repeat the last step again to get the light to turn on indicating it was charging.
You must not hold the wires to the battery for too long, 20 seconds should do it. You can overload a battery with this trick and actually make it explode if you hold it there too long. You are well within the few minutes needed to detonate the battery due to overcharging by sticking very strictly to 20 seconds.
Just be careful and you'll be fine.
One you get a charge light give it a few minutes in the off position, then try powering up the device and keep it plugged in until you get 100% charge.
on Sep 30, 2008 | T-Mobile MDA
Nov 22, 2017 | Fujitsu Siemens LifeBook S7020 Notebook
Feb 11, 2010 | Motorola Mobility MOTOPURE™ H15 Bluetooth...
Mar 20, 2009 | RIM BlackBerry Bold 9000 Smartphone
Jan 04, 2009 | IBM ThinkPad T42 Notebook
Jan 06, 2015 | Nintendo DS Lite Console
78 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: