Question about Radio Shack Pro-83 Scanner
To reset the scanner (clear a problem or keyboard lockup):
- Tune the power OFF and then back ON.
- Insert a pointed object (paper clip, ballpoint pen tip, etc) into the RESET opening on the side of the scanner and gently press the button inside.
If the RESET does not clear the problem you can INITIALIZE the scanner, but this procedure will clear/erase all information that you have programmed into the scanner.
- Power the scanner OFF and then ON.
- Press and hold the TUNE/CLEAR button while pressing the reset button as above. The display will momentarily blank.
- When the display resumes, press TUNE/CLEAR again.
Need the manual for your scanner? You can download/print it here:
Posted on Feb 08, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 18, 2015 | Radio Shack Pro-83 Scanner
May 04, 2014 | Radio Shack Pro-83 Scanner
Dec 17, 2010 | Radio Shack Pro-83 Scanner
Jun 28, 2010 | Radio Shack Pro-83 Scanner
Jun 07, 2010 | Radio Shack Pro-83 Scanner
May 19, 2010 | Radio Shack Pro-84 Handheld Scanner
Jul 27, 2009 | Radio Shack Pro-83 Scanner
Aug 21, 2007 | Radio Shack Pro-84 Handheld Scanner
462 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!