Question about Xerox DocuPrint N17 Laser Printer
Printer says ready, but does not print
Have you first of all just turned the printer off and restarted it?
I assume you have, but just asking as a starting point.
Not sure how you are running it, so I will assume your running it via a ethernet connection.
Now where to start LOL.
1. Do you know the machine IP address? If so log into your browser, Internet Explorer, firefox,etc and enter the IP address into the address window and see if the printer information comes up. Also try and ping the printer. If that is not successful,
2. Check and or change the network cable to see if it comes on. You can look at the port on the back of the printer to see if the small green light goes on and off when you plug and unplug the network cable. If it is not on, suspect either a bad wall jack or cable connector.
3. On the printer, check the connectivity or network settings. Look under the IP settings, make sure it is not set to Auto. If it is, then the machine has most likely assigned itself a new IP address. If thats the case, if you have a configuration report from when the printer was set up, change the DCHP setting to manual or static, then re enter the IP address. You can also find the IP address assigned by looking into the printer properties, ports and see the IP address in the port assigned to the printer.
4. You can try running it on a USB cable, if you or a laptop is close enough to the printer. That way you can confirm a network or addressing problem. I will say, if there is a problem with in the printer, most of the time it will give you a fault code, and those printers are very stable when it comes to the NIC and other circiut boards, if it says ready, I very seriously doubt the printer itself is at issue.
5. You may have a bad router, someone turned on a firewall that is blocking the printer.
I suspect in order, an addressing issue, IP address related, or a bad cable.
let me know ok. Or ask if your not sure what to do.
Posted on Feb 22, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 20, 2013 | Dell 3100cn Laser Printer
Feb 21, 2013 | HP LaserJet 2840 All-In-One Printer
Sep 12, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP210 Photo All-In-One Printer
Aug 18, 2011 | HP LaserJet 4 plus Printer
Jun 10, 2011 | Lexmark X2670 All-In-One Printer
Mar 24, 2011 | Dell 725 InkJet Printer
Dec 05, 2008 | Lexmark X1150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
186 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!