Installed a sony crx 880a cd-rw/ dvd rom into my omnibook xe3 and cannot get computer to read the hardware. i don't know if i need to upgrade my windows xp or download a driver to get it to operate. from all i have been able to gather it should operate with xp.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
"This model of computer does not have a blu-ray drive unless you got a third party upgrade. In this case, you will need to track down special drivers, which can best be done by whomever sold you the drive.
In almost all instances a new operating system will be installed from a CD or DVD.
1. Start your computer and enter BIOS to make sure CD/DVD is your first bootable device.
2. Have your CD/DVD in the CD/DVD drive and boot the computer
3. Boot the computer and generally you will be prompted to hit any key to boot from CD
4. A guided setup process will walk you through the installation of your given operating system