Question about GE Washing Machines
The instructions are as follows:--
1. Disconnect power from washer then remove the trim on top of the washer at the front (it is held on by three screws).
2. Remove the top by removing the three screws on the back.
3. Remove the soap dispenser.
4. Remove the control panel by removing the four screws on the top and one behind the soap dispenser. There are two clips on the inside right-hand corner of the case holding the control panel on you must press by reaching over the top to the inside.
5. Remove the bottom panel.
6. Open the door and remove the door latch by removing the three screws (don’t have to disconnect wires).
7. Using a screwdriver remove the wire clamp that holds the boot on in the front. This clamp is in the grove on the front of the boot.
8. Remove the front (door and all) by removing the four screws (one on each corner).
9. At the top of the boot there should be two hoses, slip the boot out from around the hoses.
10. Remove the bottom balance weight off the front of the tub. Note that this step is not necessary but will make the next step easier.
11. Loosen the screw clamp that holds the boot on at the back.
12. Once the clamp is loose, the boot should pull off.
13. Then resemble with new boot.
When reinstalling the new gasket there is a notch in the gasket that should line up with a arrow in on the tub.When reinstalling the gasket, be sure to properly install the hose.
for more detailed and proper help with step by step and diagrams please click on this link directly
You can get required parts from www.repairclinic.com
This will help. Thanks please keep updated.please do rate the solution positively .thank you for using fixya
Posted on Feb 08, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 05, 2010 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Aug 01, 2010 | GE WSXH208A Front Load Washer
Jun 14, 2010 | GE WSXH208A Front Load Washer
May 22, 2010 | GE WSXH208A Front Load Washer
Mar 15, 2010 | GE WSXH208A Front Load Washer
May 04, 2009 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Apr 22, 2009 | GE WBVH6240F Front Load Washer
Apr 11, 2009 | GE WSXH208A Front Load Washer
Apr 02, 2009 | GE Washing Machines
Sep 13, 2017 | GE Washing Machines
16 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!