Question about Lucent 1872 Corded Phone
The system is capable of recording a message up to 4 minutes long. There are 3 main causes of incomplete messages
1) If a caller leaves a very long message, part of it might be lost when the system disconnects the call after 4 minutes.
2) If the caller pauses for more than 7 seconds, the system stops recording and disconnects the call.
3) If the system’s memory fills up during a message, the system stops recording and disconnects the call.
If you find that this problem is happening with all messages then the problem is with the memory or a corruption of the system and there are two remedies.
1) Individually select and delete old messages in order to free up memory for new ones - to do this simply press delete whilst listening to an old message.
If you want to delete all messages press and hold down the delete button until you hear an announcement that all messages are deleted. This only works if you have listened to all of your messages. If there are new messages on the system it will beep 5 times to indicate that no deletion has occured.
2) If the problem persists you will need to reset the system. To do this;
Remove the directory card and its plastic cover from the memory button area.
You will see the reset button. The button is recessed. Use the end of a paper clip to press the reset button.
Be aware: If there is a problem with the system, pressing the reset button will completely reset the system, and might delete any messages as well as your announcements. You may have to record a new announcement.
Thanks for using FixYa. If the solution works please do leave a vote for it.
Posted on Feb 08, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 31, 2013 | Samsung SGH-S5230 Cell Phone
Feb 28, 2013 | Avaya 1408 Digital Phone 700469851
Mar 02, 2012 | Televison & Video
Apr 06, 2010 | Vtech CS5121-2 Cordless Phone
Feb 12, 2009 | RCA 25414RE3 Corded Phone
Jun 03, 2008 | Lucent PARTNER18 Corded Phone
May 14, 2008 | Toshiba DKT-2020 Corded Phone
Jan 07, 2008 | GE 29878GE1 Digital Answering Machine
76 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!