Question about NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Hi, please perform the below steps to configure the router:
At the back of the router you will find a small tiny hole (which says restore to factory default settings). Press the button with the help of a paper clip and hold it down for 30 seconds. After 30 seconds, please release the button and power off the router for 5 seconds then power the router back.
1. Connect a Ethernet cable from the modem to the WAN port of the router (isolated port).
2. Connect the computer to the router using any one of the 4 available ports. Please make sure that there is no direct connection between the modem and the computer (either using Ethernet cable or USB cable).
3. Power off the modem and the router after making the connections.
4. Power on the modem and wait for the lights, then power on the router.
1. Open a web browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Safari).
2. Access the router, usually with http://192.168.1.1 or http://www.routerlogin.com.
3. Login to the router with the Username as "admin" and Password as "password" (please note that the Username and Password are case sensitive).
4. Click on 'Basic settings' from the left menu and select 'Use Computers MAC Address' from 'router MAC Address' section.
5. Click Apply.
6. Once it updates the settings then power off the modem and the router. Power on the modem and wait for the lights, then power on the router.
Once online on the main computer connected through the router. Perform the following tasks to configure the wireless connection:
On the router settings page
1. Click on wireless settings from the left menu.
2. Select security options as 'WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy)'.
3. Set the 'Authentication Type' as 'Automatic'.
4. Set the 'Encryption Strength' as 64-bit.
5. In Key 1 type a 10 digit number.
6. Apply the settings.
Please perform the following steps on your XP wireless computer to enable WZC (Wireless Zero Configuration):
1. Right click on My Computer icon and go to Manage.
2. Go to Services then go to Service and Applications.
3. Double click on Wireless Zero Configuration.
4. Change the Start Up Type to Automatic and click on Apply.
5. Click on Start and press OK to close the window.
6. Go to 'Control Panel', Click on Classic View in the left hand side menu and then open 'Network Connections'.
7. Right-click on the wireless Network Connection icon and select 'Properties'.
8. Go to the 'Wireless Networks' tab.
9. Check the option 'Use Windows to Configure this Wireless Connection' and click 'OK'.
Now please perform the following instructions to connect to the wireless network:
1. Go to 'Control Panel', Click on Classic View in the left hand side menu and then open 'Network Connections'.
2. Right-click on the wireless Network Connection icon and select 'Properties'.
3. Click on the 'wireless network' tab.
4. Under Preferred networks if you see any name in the list then highlight the name and click remove. Click OK.
5. Right-click on the wireless Network Connection icon and select 'View Available Networks'.
6. Look for the SSID (aka Network Name) of the Wireless router or access point.
7. Highlight thee SSID from the list that you want to connect to.
8. Type the security Key here and click on the 'Connect' button.
9. You should have successfully established a wireless network connection.
Hope the above steps allows you to resolve the issue
Posted on Feb 10, 2010
Hello. Click on your start button on your laptop and then click on "connect to" . That should permit you to access the protocol as if your laptop was brand new to your network. Regards, Joe
Posted on Feb 09, 2010
Good day, try moving the router and hopefully you find a good signal that the pc can connect. hope this helps, have a nice day
Posted on Feb 08, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 05, 2011 | Arris SURFboard SB5120 Modem
Jan 24, 2010 | Gateway GT5654 Desktop PC
Dec 25, 2009 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Dec 20, 2009 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Nov 10, 2009 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
May 11, 2009 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Jan 18, 2009 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Aug 30, 2008 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Mar 07, 2008 | NetGear WIRELESS-G WGR614 802.11G WIRELESS...
Feb 24, 2008 | NetGear WGR614 Router
52 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: