Question about GE Microwave Ovens
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
use a high voltage probe to check high voltage, if present replace the magnatron if no HV replace the high voltage board this is the board that has the heavy wires to the magnatron
Posted on Feb 06, 2008
Assuming your inside light and
turntable come on when you try to microwave, with the symptoms you have,
I would most strongly suspect a bad magnetron or a loose and possibly
corroded connection on the magnetron's terminal.
If you or someone you know decide to look into it, we have critical safety information and disassembly information at our site, and our link is at our listing here on FixYa.
At our Web site, we have a video available showing how to remove a typical over the range control panel assembly in under 5 minutes.
Here are some links you or someone you know can use for test help, but read their safety warnings first:
(if it's not shorted or burned, it'sprobably okay)
The best place to order parts for this brand is Encompass (formerly Tritronics).
Or you can call them toll-free at 866-779-5835.
We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Feb 08, 2009
SOURCE: run but does not heats
Sounds like the magnetron has failed. This is the component that produces the microwaves that heats the food. The cost of the magnetron is about 95% of the cost of a microwave oven. Most people don't, for this reason, replace the magnetron, they replace the whole oven which is probably what you will end up doing. There is a possibility that the circuit that provides power to the magnetron is faulty and you need to take it apart, find the proper electrical leads and test them with a volt meter. To do this you have to remove it from its mounting and take it apart. It is a fairly lengthy process however. Benjamin
Posted on Jun 07, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 10, 2015 | GE Microwave Ovens
Apr 21, 2011 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Apr 19, 2011 | GE JVM1750DM Microwave Oven
Jun 22, 2010 | GE JVM3670 Microwave Oven
Sep 27, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Mar 21, 2009 | GE JE1540 Microwave Oven
Mar 18, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Feb 03, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
168 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!