Question about Toshiba Laptop Keyboard for Satellite L10, L15, L20, L25, Tecra L2 Series
1) Disconnect power and remove battery.
2) Remove the screws indicated in red behind the hinges on the laptop (on the back side above the battery location) As seen in this pic:
3) In the battery compartment area unscrew the screws circled in red. Then open the laptop screen slightly so that the whole laptop is in an upside down "V" shape. Unhook the plastic tabs circled in green. As seen in pic:
4) Open the screen all the way so that it is parallel with the main body of the laptop. Gently take off the plastic piece above the keyboard by lifting it up in the areas indicated by the yellow arrows. AsHow do I replace the keyboard on a Toshiba - d17b74a.jpgc:
5) Lift out keyboard and remove ribbon cable from connector. Be careful not to break cable retainer/tensioner. As seen and described in pics: (first pic isHow do I replace the keyboard on a Toshiba - 52e6593.jpgee after lifting keyboard)
(ThisHow do I replace the keyboard on a Toshiba - 0f78500.jpg shows and describes how to remove the cable safely from the connector)
6) After connecting new keyboard, reverse the order of steps to assemble.
I hope this is enough detail to help you get the keyboard replaced
Posted on Feb 08, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 23, 2010 | Toshiba Satellite L25-S119 Notebook
Oct 20, 2010 | Toshiba Satellite L25-S119 Notebook
May 12, 2010 | Toshiba Laptop Keyboard for Satellite L10,...
Jan 12, 2010 | Toshiba Laptop Keyboard for Satellite L10,...
Aug 20, 2009 | Toshiba Satellite L25-S119 Notebook
Jan 27, 2009 | Toshiba Satellite P105-S6207 Laptop
318 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: