My printer is connected via local network, and everyone in my office except for me is able to use this as a color printer! I have tried downloading the current drivers directly to my computer and installing the CD onto my computer but NOTHING works. It only prints black and white!!!! AHHH! HELP
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The LaserJet 2600N has a built-in print server and can be connected to the local network (normal ethernet cable) directly. While printer sharing via Windows should work, I found it much more convenient to access it without the need of a hosting computer - you do not need to switch on the desktop PC for printing from the Laptop, for example, its also printing faster.
1. Go to the computer where the printer is attached or connected. Go to Printer and Faxes under XP, right click on your printer icon, then click on share. On the same computer, click on Start then click on run. Type in cmd then click on OK. On the black window or command prompt, type in ipconfig then press enter. Take note of the IP address.
2. Go to a computer that you want to print on the printer. Click on start then click on run. type in \\IP address of the computer where the printer is attached. For example: On the run box type in \\192.168.1.2 the click on OK. You will see there a window and you can see there the printer that is attached to that computer. Just right click on it then click on Connect.
Clean the copper contacts of the ink cartridge and the printhead wih the cotton swab and then try. Moreover in the printer there is an option to clean the printheads and ink carts. Later ty to print the h/w test page from the printer, if it prints fine then in the computer, righth click the printer icon and left click properties,in the color settings check if there is an option print in grayscale ... if thatoption is checked then uncheck the option.. and then print the test apge from the computer. If while priting the h/w test page it does not print in color then either upgrade the printer or replace the printer as the contacts of the printer ink carts slot are corrupted.