- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If it were my laptop here is what I would do:
1. Install a new hard drive.
2. Install the operating system.
3. After an anti-virus program was installed and updated, I would connect the old hard drive to the laptop using one of those external USB hard drive adapter cables.
4. If the old drive proves to be readable, copy documents/photos/bookmarks to the new hard drive.
Hope this helps.