Question about Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
First try this if it does not work try doing my way of fixing it
This is what the PlayStation Forum says:
1. Turn off Playstation®3.
2. Hold the power button down; the system will turn on and turn off once again.
3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
5. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via USB and then hit the PS button
6. The Recovery menu will pop up.
The current Recovery Menu supports:
• Restart System: Restarts the PLAYSTATION®3 System.
• Restore Default Settings: Reset all system settings back to default.
• Restore File System: Checks for corrupt/missing system files.
• Rebuild Database: Rebuilds the OS for the PLAYSTATION®3.
• Restore PS3 System: Fresh restore; Deletes everything and starts from Scratch.
• System Update: Update the PLAYSTATION®3 System
Update your PS3 (in the settings menu the 1st option)
go on the internet browser on the PS3 then go on the menu press triangle then on one of them there are delete cookies and the delete the others as well as cookies
check the disc if it has fingerprints or scratches if it does then thats your problem
if you have the 60GB sos mate they have alot of problems
or maybe try this put the PS3 on then press the eject button (with no disc in) then hold it then switch the PS3 off at the back with your finger on the eject button still holding it then put it back on then the fan test should be working this may cool it down
it may be overheating
if this problem still continues go out and buy a inter cooler from a shop
if it STILL CARRIES ON phone up sony
Posted on Feb 08, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 07, 2012 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
If you have this problem it is because the laser has shifted
from where it needs to be and the good news is that it is not that hard to fix
all you need is a good repair guide.
You can of course send it in but the disc reading issue you
should be able to fix in less than 1 hour from home.
Check out this link for a full explanation:
Hope this helps?
Sep 27, 2011 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Feb 21, 2011 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
Jun 29, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Mar 24, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Mar 14, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
14 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!