Question about Microsoft LIFECAM VX-7000 Webcam
Before i start to give a solution i would like to tell you that rebooting system after any new installing or uninstalling of any software is very important .
For your Webcam , i recommend you to uninstall it's software completely and reboot your system . After that install it again and reboot your system again .
You have to do that while the Cam is connected to your computer .
After that , you need to set that software correctly before you start to run the Cam again . !
If that didn't help , then i recommend you to restore your system to the a previous point [time] when the cam was working perfectly .
If that didn't help also , then i advice you to get it back to the place where you bought it from . But don't forget to take the guarantee and the bill with you .
I hope that can help you .
rate if that was useful please !
Posted on Feb 07, 2010
Testimonial: "helpful, but does not fix this"
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Once you have properly installed the camera software, DO NOT unplug the USB Port as it will cause the drivers to be corrupt.
Follow the instructions below and it will work.
Disconnect the Camera from the USB port and reinstall the CD or Downloaded software program.
When the program asks you to connect the camera to the USB port, do so and it should work.
Then to use it on the Web, do this.
Web Camera’s have to be setup on the program they are to be used with. Just installing the
camera on your computer does not set it up to broadcast on messengers or Skype.
Each program has Options that have to be setup in order for the Audio and Video to function
A. Skype Setup:
After downloading and installing Skype (http://www.skype.com/intl/en-gb/download/skype/windows/beta/downloading/) set it up as follows:
1. Go to Tools, then Options, and click on Audio Settings and set the Microphone and
Speakers to the computer Audio Card.
2. Then click on the Video Settings.
3. The camera if Installed Properly will come up and show a video picture.
4. Then, on the bottom of the page click on Save.
The camera and audio should function properly. Your friends and Family will now be able to
see and her to you.
B. Yahoo Setup:
After downloading and installing Yahoo Messenger
set it up as follows:
1. Go to Messenger at the top left and click on it.
2. Next go down to Preferences and click on it.
3. Next Calling and Devices on the right and set the Microphone and Speakers to the
computer Audio Card.
4. Next go to the Test Audio section and (in blue writing) click on “Open the call
setup assistant” and follow the instructions on the left window.
C. Windows Live Messenger:
1. After you start Windows Live Messenger, expand the view by clicking on the square on
top left next to the red X.
2. Then on the Windows Live messenger window on the right side, click on “ “Show Menus.”
And then click on “Show the Menu Bar”.
3. Next go to the Menu Bar on right side, click on “ “Action.”
4. Go to “TOOLS” and click “Audio and Video Setting” and follow the instructions.
NOTE: Your audio and video should work. Enjoy.
When done both the Audio and Video will function properly so you can chat and see family or
friends you are connected to.
D. AIM (AOL) Messenger
1. On the VIM sign-in window click on Edit.
2. Then click on Settings Enhanced IM.
3. Next click on Enhanced IM.
4. Then click on Audio Video.
5. The Audio and Video portion has drop downs so you can select the proper audio card and
video camera installed in you computer.
The Audi Video drop downs are
Adjust Your Audio and Video Settings:
In order to adjust your audio and video settings, please follow the steps given below:
1. Click the Audio and Video Settings button directly below the My Buddy or My Camera window.
If you are currently participating in an AOL Live Video IM session, a message will display:
You must disconnect the current AOL Live Video IM conversation before running setup. Would you
like to disconnect now? Click the Yes button.
2. The Audio and Video Tuning Wizard will appear to help you verify that your camera, speakers
and microphone are working properly. Follow the on-screen prompts.
· The first time you use AOL Live Video IM, a message will display: Would you like to
first check your audio and video settings? Click the Yes button. The Audio and Video Tuning
Wizard will appear to help you verify that your camera, speakers and microphone are working
properly. Follow the on-screen prompts.
· images in AOL Live Video IM may appear reversed, or as a mirror image (text may
appear backwards) when you look at your own camera feed or at the picture-in-picture (PIP) display.
After making the settings your ready for a chat and video talk with your Family and Friends.
After you get your camera installed properly, DO NOT unplug it from the USB port as it will
cause the drivers to be corrupt and render the camera unusable till reinstalled it properly.
Hope this helps. Bud
Posted on Jan 13, 2010
SOURCE: Basically, my webcam is not
Please remove first the usb cam and reinsert it and if the PC detects the hardware as USB device then you have to remove the old installed driver in your control panel and re-install the cd driver for your camera. It was just file corruption happen in your cam.
Posted on Feb 07, 2010
Testimonial: "this did not fix problem"
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 02, 2014 | Microsoft Life Cam Vx-700 Webcam
Apr 17, 2010 | Microsoft LIFECAM VX-7000 Webcam
Feb 08, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Feb 07, 2010 | Microsoft LIFECAM VX-7000 Webcam
Jan 16, 2010 | Microsoft LifeCam VX-1000 Webcam
Aug 02, 2009 | Microsoft LIFECAM VX-7000 Webcam
Jun 27, 2009 | Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000 Web Camera
Jun 24, 2009 | Microsoft LifeCam VX-1000 Webcam
Jun 22, 2009 | Microsoft LifeCam VX-1000 Webcam
Nov 18, 2008 | Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000 Web Camera
May 17, 2011 | Microsoft LIFECAM VX-7000 Webcam
Jan 18, 2011 | Microsoft LIFECAM VX-7000 Webcam
111 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: