Question about Lexmark JetPrinter Z25 InkJet Color Printer
Black ink will not print.
Routine maintenance and keeping full ink tanks will prevent this problem, however if you have the problem you can resolve it by doing the following:
1. Clean your print head using denatured alcohol solvent which can be purchased from most hardware stores. If unavailable, use 91% Alcohol (isopropyl alcohol (first aid antiseptic) which is available for less than a dollar at most Walmart pharmacy departments.
*Warning: You may want to use a pair of latex exam gloves as this is a messy process and can stain your fingers.
Time necessary 45-50 minutes
Isopropyl Alcohol or denatured alcohol
sink, bowls and or basin
can of compressed air
very small screw driver
tablespoon or baby bulb type syringe
1. Lift print head from printer. It pulls out easily because it is held in with the same down lever that holds the cartridge in place.
2. Put two layers of paper towels in the bottom of a dish to protect sensitive sprayer heads.
3.Put enough solvent in dish to cover the screens on which the cartridges sit when in use.
4. Take the two small screws out that hold the white ceramic piece
5. Gently, pry the ceramic piece back and away , to reveal the underside (No need to pull away the glued points on the sides.)
6. Gently, move head up and down to slosh solvent around it the best as you can. Use a table spoon or syringe to pour solvent over all orifices in the print head, turning it upside down and then back a few times.
7. Use canned air with a plastic straw to blow into and through all orifices, alternately sloshing/swishing and pouring solvent over head (be careful not to touch any of the holes, screens, or sprayer heads with anything)
8. Empty dirty solvent from bowl and replace with paper towels and clean solvent. Soak for approx 10 minutes. Rinse again with clean solvent poured directly on all parts, letting solvent overrun and fall into dish or basin.
9. Gently shake the solvent off the head, take it outside and spray with compressed air into all orifices to clear out and help evaporate any remaining solvent. Let sit on a clean paper towel for approx 20 minutes. (There may be a little ink bleeding out of the head, but once it dries completely it does not present any problems.
10. Reinstall head, cartridges and it will print like a new printer.
SUGGESTION: For many years of problem free printing, keep a double set of ink cartridges, one set full at all times. Whenever a cartridge runs out of ink, replace it IMMEDIATELY, with a new one or a refilled one. This gives the print head no chance to dry out and create clogged heads. Routine maintenance of cleaning the heads every 24 months does wonders for keeping your printer in new condition.
Hope this helps. .
Posted on Feb 07, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 25, 2012 | Lexmark Pinnacle Pro 901 All-In-One Inkjet...
Sep 20, 2011 | HP OfficeJet 6210 All-In-One InkJet...
May 27, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP610 InkJet Printer
Jan 16, 2010 | Apple HP DeskJet 840c InkJet Printer
Aug 06, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP6700D InkJet Photo Printer
I have an HP Photsmart C4100 printer. I purchased remanufactured ink cartridges (both black and tri-colored) from Vivasmart. The black one works fine, but when I installed the tri-color, I got an error message that says "Print cartridge problem" The following print cartridge has a problem:
Tri-color. And I can't print. The screen on my printer says "Remove and check color cartridge." I have done this several times and it still won't print. I have turned off the power, removed the cartridges, and unplugged the unit, but it still didn't help. Any suggestions?
Jul 21, 2009 | HP PSC 1510 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jul 05, 2009 | Dell Photo 964 All-In-One InkJet Printer
May 11, 2009 | HP PSC 1610 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Feb 10, 2009 | Epson Stylus CX3810 All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 16, 2008 | Dell Photo 964 All-In-One InkJet Printer
242 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: